Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,850   Online: 716

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ya Rush live baby

Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Ear protection is also a good idea. The Toronto police have brought in some sort of sonic canons for crowd dispersal

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if it's not aligned with yours. He did ask a legitimate question and was answered.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    plus one

Most Torontonians are going north next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I certainly hope not. I wish anarchist idiots, liberal apologists and other domestic terrorists will leave my peaceful hometown city alone. I hate the G8/G20 too and think $1 billion spent on security is a travesty but still this thread is just marketing to egg criminals on to riot. It should be deleted or sent to the soapbox.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Art,

I agree with you that it is very unfortunate that this event is putting danger on the city. In the past, canadian authorities had the good idea of holding these summits in small, remote areas. They had learned their lesson at the 2001 Quebec City summit, but now, they changed their minds. You can surelty blame those stupid black box militants, but you should also blame the autorities that are at the moment, by the way, conservatives, not "liberal apologists terrorists", for holding this summit in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I don't support trouble makers, but I know that there will be some, and must be prepared for it. If nothing happens, fine, but would YOU go witout asking some advice for your security?

If I was to shoot from the police side of things, documenting they work or even inside, documenting the policy makers meetings, would you say I am pushing "terrorism" even if my technical questions/concerns would be the same? You say you are unhappy with the decision to hold the G20 in Toronto, but did you do anything about it? Signing a petition, supporting small buisnesses that are the ones that will take a financial hit? Writing a letter to your MP, the Prime Minister, or the Toronto City Counsil?

Your rights (and duty) as a citizen are giving you much more options then blaming my thread. But, wait, "I am marketing egg to criminals on the riot" on APUG? Never realised that there is so many angry anarchists on this forum that were eager to go to throw some rocks at the establishement

Anyhow, thanks for the usefull advice other have given me.

Peace,

K.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I enjoy cheesecake.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, be prepared to rewind and remove your film at a moments notice.
    Cameras do get snatched at these things. A camera with a removable film
    back might be safer.

Wasn't the world more pleasant when we had the right to photograph?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should know, in case you were actually considering it, that without G8/G20 accreditation, the deadline of which was a week or so ago, there won't be any access from the safe side of the fence. Your id, if you applied in time, would be run through CPIC so unless one is super squeaky clean, it might not be a good idea, esp without a letter from an employer. The last was mandatory I believe.

and from what I'm hearing, some protest groups WILL confront photographers who they believe are photographing members without their permission. Exactly what confront means, I dunno, but presume it will involve major 'in your face' time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why anyone would want to do this, if it isn't required by their work/employer, is beyond me. Good luck to you and stay safe, but expect lots of trouble from people you normally wouldn't blow your nose on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Ya Rush live baby

huh?

You're not taking D north with you are you?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kristopher_lawrence View Post
    Not to make that thread too political, believe me: there IS gonna have riots, if the black block doesn't start it, the cops will make sure that sh*t will happen. Why? because they have to justify the 1 billion $ budget.
    That's almost too ridiculous for words. Coppers are just like you. They just want to go home safe to their families at the end of the day. Most of the members of APUG are amateur photographers with real jobs to go to everyday....some of those members work in law enforcement so how about we have some respect.

You sound like you're from Ontario....I've attended two police funerals in the past year. Men with families, who died on the job protecting you and your rights. There's real people behind those badges.

It's easy to hate the cops until you need them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin