Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,552   Online: 1116

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OP asked a very simple question. Howzabout we pay him/her some respect with some simple answers, instead of making this into something it need not be?

The first step in making an answer simple is to make it an answer. The second step is to make it on topic (i.e. to answer the question).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    dito,

NTC SD?
    Great Lakes...then NWS Charleston...then underwater. Most boring job in the fleet. Work/work/sleep, then repeat, in 6 hour cycles. No daylight, no ports, no change in routine. Thank the Gods for reactor refueling! That means shore duty when you should be doing sea duty!!!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helmet, eye protection (gas and objects), enough water and food for the day and long sleeve shirts and NO shorts. I'd also be wearing steel toes. and keep a small first aid kit in your bag. Seriously.

I'd also have enough money for bail and the number of someone to call if things go south. I don't consider these G8/G20 protests anything worth risking physical harm over unless, as Colin noted, you were required to work it. ymmv.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    The OP asked a very simple question. Howzabout we pay him/her some respect with some simple answers, instead of making this into something it need not be?

The first step in making an answer simple is to make it an answer. The second step is to make it on topic (i.e. to answer the question).
    The OP him/herself made an off topic post which deserved a response. Go Wings!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OP asked about effects on film and camera. I have posted some thoughts based on my lab work in organic chemistry. Without more to go on, I cannot say more.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ON View Post
    The OP him/herself made an off topic post which deserved a response. Go Wings!
    This thread has gone to hell, and the question has been answered, so what the hey. I just hate political discussion on the Internet; especially on hobby/craft-oriented Websites.

Don't worry. The Wings are my #1 team. They are the team that got me into hockey, and they will always be closest to my heart. Long live Stevie Y., The Captain. Hawks are a very close #2, though. (Best jersey in all professional sports, by a long shot, IMHO.) Bruins #3, Rangers #4, those silly Canadian teams #s 5 and 6, and screw the rest, though being an L.A. native, I do root for the Kings if they are not playing one of the Original Six. I am an Original Six fan first of all, and I was for the Hawks all this season for one main reason: HOSSA. I wanted the poor bastard to get his Cup, and I was pissed at the Wings for getting rid of him. They should have dumped The Slug Osgood, who lost them the Cup last year by letting in a few shots he should have stopped in games 3 and 4. I have no idea why they keep that guy, other than that he seems like a nice fellow. The other reason was for the city of Chicago, to end that stinking 49 year drought. Any city in which the first thing you see after pulling into town is a young lady at a bus bench getting purposefully soaked by a car speeding through a flooded gutter deserves to have their hockey team hoist the Stanley Cup more than once every 50 years.

Next, the Leafs need one.....or is it the Leaves? :P
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-20-2010 at 10:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually I live 5 miles from the JLA and been a life long Wing fan. It's popular here in Ontario to hate Toronto if you're not from Toronto, so I was cheering the the Black Hawks this year to put Toronto in the position of longest without the Cup. Besides Scotty Bowman is with the Black Hawks now so I was glad to see him get his 10th.

Wow....talk about off topic! .....LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, well I feel that it is time to close the thread, thanks

I have to emphasis on that, though I do respect the guys behind the badges, and I miss-expressed myself and I apologize for having done so. The problem lies in the decision making apparitus that is asking, sometimes, to the cops to do things not really usefull to public security. This is how "trouble makers" are integreted among demonstrators. It is certainly not "ordinary" police officers that make that decision, but higher authority, with different interests in mind.

Yes, sometimes cops, themselves, mess up, but we all do, and when they do it is generally more apparent. I personaly know cops, and I always keep in mind by the discussions I have with them that a lot are NOT agreeing with the people they are protecting in summits, and that again, alot would rather be a home, or on the other side of the fence... Most of police officers are fully aware that if they screw up, they can cause terrible damage.

Just to make things clear, I am NOT supporting the black bloc, hoodies or whatever troublemaker there will be. 99% of the demonstrators are peacefull, but we might ALL get gazed for the stupidity of some. Hence the reason of my question. Even if nothing like a riot would happen, I would go out and shoot, as I do when there is a similar but smaller event in my area.

Thanks again for the answers.

All the best,

GO SENS GO!

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kristopher_lawrence View Post
    GO SENS GO!
    They already went...

...in the first round.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steff1 View Post
    We were gassed during boot camp here in Norway too. Turned out one of the guys was completely immune. He even smoked a cigarette while laughing at the rest of us choking. Hilarious in hinsight.
    Cigarettes in boot camp???? WOW!!!
    2F/2F

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin