Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,515   Online: 793

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    You could fly up to Canada, then to cuba.. the Cuban Govt doesn't stamp your passport for that reason.
    This is what a lot of my American clients use to do but now with the "war on terror" as an excuse to invade everyone's privacy they regularly check the manifests for flights from Canada to Cuba looking for US citizens to harass.

Once they get home they get harassed by their government. Which is what they should expect considering it's illegal for American's to go to Cuba without special permits.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe it is illegal for US citizens to spend money in Cuba. I haven't looked into it in quite a while though. I knew some people that went down to Mexico in order to go to Cuba.

It is funny, but the only border in the world I have ever been hassled crossing is my own country, many more times than once. So much for freedom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm, the political situation is interesting; studied it in international business.

Anyhow, the proposed kit, so far.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes at this time the trip isn't worth the consequences. Sad. Enjoy yourself and post some photos when you return.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Off-topic really, but what's the nifty looking device to the left of the N90? It's got knobs and stuff on it!
    ----
    Jack Baty
    Director of Unspecified Services
    http://jackbaty.com | Flickr
    @jackbaty

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

To shoot cuba; Nikon or Leica?

Quote Originally Posted by jackbaty View Post
    Off-topic really, but what's the nifty looking device to the left of the N90? It's got knobs and stuff on it!
    Looks like a mixer.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry about the camera. Go and have a good time, take pictures with what ya brung, and watch out for the fuzz. Make sure photography adds to your good time, and does not take away from it. You shouldn't have to ask this question at this point. You have used both cameras, no? So then, you know the answer better than do we.

Oh, yeah. As John sez, enjoy the food. Make sure you try some pork.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Looks like a mixer.
    Yep, DJ mixer. And why watch out for the police? anymore general background info I should know regarding cuba?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...but the short answer: Leica M2/90mm lens.

(pix by Alberto Korda)
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    I'm jealous. I want to go to Cuba. But my government holds a grudge forever.
    Yeah I feel the same. I hope they repeal Helms/Burton law. It's a beautiful country with beautiful people. An American can travel there via Mexico or Canada. But don't get your passport stamped in Cuba or else the us government will levy a big fine. Can't we just all get along?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin