Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,614   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magkelly View Post
    that I've got a Tokyo lens that goes with that rangerfinder [...]

Look here at a pic of the ciro35.

http://twoliver.ctzphoto.com/cameras/ciro35.html
    http://www.pbase.com/maderik/image/118729565

[...] but I can't find any pairing of ciro 35 and tokyo lens.
    The Ciro35 does not have interchangeable lenses -- it was offered with fixed f/2.8 or f/3.5 or f/4.5 50mm lens options. Your second link points to my camera with the f/2.8 lens.

Alas, "small lens with case" usually just means a cheap teleconverter or closeup lens set.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    I think the Vivitar may be a Contax mount.
    And I was thinking it could be Praktica bayonet hmmm

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess we'll find out soon about the little lens, if they ever get to shipping my lot! As for the 300MM being a Praktica lens, I don't think so. I found that 300MM lens mentioned as having Nikon, M42, K, Y/C and Minolta mounts, but that's all I can find. No Praktica. Doesn't look like it's K mount, unfortunately, because I have a K-mount camera and would have been thrilled, so I figure it's got to be either a Minolta or a Yashica.The other lenses in the lot are Yashica and Minolta I think so it makes sense that it's one or the other.

I'm a little nervous though because usually they ship right out after payment and this time Goodwill is dragging their heels a bit. Could be it's just that store, but the last time they did this I never got what I bought due to some clerical error. They did refund me, but it made me mad because it was something I really wanted at the time. Since that other auction had cameras and batteries that likely matched the lenses in mine it's got me going "Hmmm..." that they've not shipped two days after payment.

On a more positive note my Spottie II is on it's way. It should be here on Tuesday. Can't hardly wait to debox it and check it out. I do hope it's in decent shape and that it works. It sure would be nice to be able to use it, not just sit it up on the shelf until I have a spare $100 to send it in to get it fixed up properly. Probably will eventually anyway, but I really can't right now. I'm thinking of selling my SPI for parts maybe if the SP2 works. I may be getting a K1000 in digital imaging job swap soon here so I guess I won't really need that SPI if I do. I'm not giving it up though until I know I have two working Pentax bodies.
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-25-2010 at 02:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, MagKelly;

Praktica was the original M42 by 1.0 TPmm or Pentax or Unversal Screw Mount. The very similar T-mount by Tamron is M42 by 0.75 TPmm. Your Prakitca 300mm lens could very well be a DDR manufactured lens.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I did some reading on Prakticas last night out of curiosity. I think I am going to post a good pic when they get here and let you all decide from that. I'd have been over the moon if it actually fit my Pentax but that's definitely not the M42/K mount I know. Can you tell me what DDR is? I've not heard that term as yet and I can't find much info on it online, thanks!
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-26-2010 at 04:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DDR = East Germany before re-unification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Germany
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah okay, gotcha. I thought it was some kind of camera term, an alternative to SLR or something, German-style. Those Prakticas may be good cameras but honestly I think they're pretty darned ugly some of them. They remind me of those boxy East German police cars you'd see in spy movies in the 70's and 80's. The mechanics may have been superb but the aesthetics definitely left something to be desired and they actually look like they might be uncomfortable to use. Are they, any opinions? Just curious. There was one, an earlier one that I saw that was curved quite a bit. That was interesting, but overall I don't think I'd want to be lugging one around.

Yeah, that kind of thing DOES matter to me. Even though I am a confirmed Pentaxian there are Pentax models out there that are very good cameras mechanically speaking that you couldn't pay me to use because I think they are flat out UGLY compared to my beloved Spotties. I like both, good mechanics and elegant design.

I'm like that with pretty much everything actually. If I have to choose two dish drainers and both work perfectly fine but one is priced slightly more but looks more aesthetically pleasing I'm going to buy the more expensive one even if it does mean I am spending more. If I have to look at it every day it can't be ugly. It has to work well, no matter what, because I won't buy crap regardless of design, but it also has to be nice looking sitting there.

About the only truly ugly thing I've ever let into the house was a dog pal. He had a truly great personality, total cutie pie, but he was so darned ugly it was hard to be around him, no kidding. Badly messed up face, car accident. We loved him anyway, but still there were times when I just wanted to cover his mug with a mask a la the POTO or something cause he was just too freaky to look at sometimes! He was such a good boy though. He's gone now, old age, but I really do miss him, ugly face and all, now that he's gone, sniff.
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-26-2010 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to be mean but I don't believe that "good camera" and Praktica can be used in the same sentence>
    It's illegal!

Where you at? for your profile.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Funny. I do very much believe that "good camera" and Praktica can be used in the same sentence.

Shooter
    35mm
    You know what? With any luck it just might be a Toko lens. It's not spelled Tokyo on the auction listing. It's Toko. I couldn't find anything with that name on it so I just figured it was supposed to be Tokyo. But they may have spelled it right.

Check this out, read all the way down about the lenses for this thing...

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Semi_Leotax_DL_and_R

Maybe?

I'm bookmarking this entry just in case. Delivery F or Sat. I'm going to put up some pics that night to see anyone can ID it for real here. I'd appreciate it if you guys would chime in if you do see something you recognize then okay?

Might be something like this. This sounds about right. The company apparently went to calling themselves TopCon later, but their earlier lenses had Toko. Can't be worth much but likely it's one of these. Case looks similar too, right company only later, but this one is labeled Tokyo, not Toko. I'm thinking he earlier rangefinder ones were the ones labeled Toko instead because of reading the above. It's all very interesting anyway regardless.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Topcon-Topcor-1-...item5888765e3c
    Last edited by magkelly; 07-01-2010 at 01:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin