Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,159   Online: 881

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Can Someone Tell Me What The Heck I Just Won?

I just won this entire lot of lenses, filters and other stuff for $11 on Goodwill. I know the pics are very small, sorry, but can anyone tell me which lens mount these are, and in particular what that Vivitar 300MM is? I actually bought the whole kit at the very last second because I saw I could probably get it really cheap and because it had a Cokin filter I've been wanting (sunset) and don't have. I'll probably re-sell a lot of the other stuff, but I'd probably jump for joy if that big mama lens actually fits something I own! I have a K-mount camera, an M42 mount camera, and a Canon FD camera currently. I figure for $11 I didn't go wrong. I could sell a couple of things and make my $$$ back real quick, but I'm not so sure of what some of this other stuff is really...

Thanks!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6351218

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd doubt that Vivitar lens is up to much. There's such a mismatch of equipment you need to wait see what you get.

However if you sold one or two of the items separately you'd more than double your outlay

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually at least 75% of that can go and I'd be perfectly okay with it. I'd been looking online and realizing that in order to get those 2 Cokin filters I'd be spending that anyway. I figured I might as well try and get a few other things out of the deal as well.

There are so many mounts listed for both these online that I can't quite tell what I've gotten though. I was hoping they were either K or FD, but I don't think so, and I'm admittedly lousy yet at recognizing anything that's not an M42 mount, which these definitely are not. Looking at the rest of the stuff with it, I'm thinking either Minolta or maybe Nikon? There are flashes for both there with the lot. Could be they came with the lenses, who knows? If it's Minolta, they get sold. The Yashica stuff I also know I have no use for but I'm kind of curious about that small Toko lens, wondering what that is for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Toyko Japan lens might be a screwmount Rangefinder lens- perhaps a Telesar wide angle. If that's the case you struck gold- almost no RF lens goes for less than $100. Could also be an off-brand piece of junk.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-M-unSync-w...item43a004743a

I'm not sure if it's the darker brown case or the carmel colored one that has that lens but the case on this one could be it. It looks a bit wider to me, but if you look closely at the Ebay auction, the button and the style it's almost the same I think as the one in the Goodwill auction.I am thinking this is a real Tokyo lens and it just might be from an old rangefinder. I don't know much about old rangefinders, but did they make a slimmer wide angle or pancake style lens for any of those? This case does remind me a bit of the ones I've seen with pancake lenses for other cameras.

I hope it is a $100 plus lens. That would be NICE. I'm looking at Minolta lens mount and I'm thinking 2 of these lenses might be Minolta MD, the 300MM and the Soligor. Disappointing, but I suppose selling them would get me a few $$$ and maybe then I can afford a good M42/K in at least a 200MM/300MM range.

There are 4 Cokin filters there it looks like. The 2 they're calling "Polas" one of them is definitely a Cokin polarizer, but the other is listed by # as the star filter and isn't a polarizer. So really I just got 4 Cokin's plus those shapes. Those I probably have already, so those can go too it looks like.

Most of the lot will probably go. I'm going to keep the filters and the bag and turn it over to get stuff I can use. I'm definitely not going to buy a Minolta just to be able to have a 300MM lens and a wide angle finally.
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-23-2010 at 02:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think the Vivitar may be a Contax mount.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm kind of thinking so too. I'm sitting here looking at some and it's looking a lot more like that than Minolta. Makes sense really since the 50MM is labeled as a Yashica/Contax. Maybe those and the Soligor they all came from the same camera? I'm trying to look up the Soligor to see if that might also be Y/C.

Yup, there is one for Y/C, so it looks like they might all be Y/C lenses?

Goodwill has a habit sometimes of separating lens groupings from cameras and auctioning them off that way to hopefully generate more $$$ I guess. Maybe they split the Yashica camera from the lenses and then threw in some other stuff in to make up a good lot.

Ah, yes, looks like they might have.

(Playing Sherlock Holmes....)

This just ended too...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6350830

I think that one is an old rangefinder? Could this be what these lenses all went with originally? It would make sense in terms of what lens is listed as being on the Yashica FX-D. That lens covers what the zoom I got doesn't. It goes up to 72MM, which is where my 75-300MM zoom starts and that could be an extra lens for that rangefinder.
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-23-2010 at 02:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wait and see It's all part of the anticipation.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Nah, it's more fun to play detective, grin. In any case I think I just might be right. Note, the batteries in the case that I won go for that Yashica camera in the other auction and the field case also looks a lot like the rangefinder lens case, SO logic dictates that they likely split the lot and that I've got a Tokyo lens that goes with that rangerfinder and the lenses that went with that FX-D!

Oops, I feel bit bad now. The person I was bidding against is probably pretty ticked that I got the rest of their kit! ;P But I think I'm right and that does help me ID the rangefinder lens and the camera that went with it too.

Look here at a pic of the ciro35.

http://twoliver.ctzphoto.com/cameras/ciro35.html
    http://www.pbase.com/maderik/image/118729565

Does that lens not look like it could fit into the small case in my auction. I think just maybe, but I can't find any pairing of ciro 35 and tokyo lens. Looking....

Laughing...

Couldn't do this in a million years I'm sure but...

http://www.pbase.com/wesleywong/diy_...c_to_m42_mount
    Last edited by magkelly; 06-23-2010 at 03:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yashica Lens DSB 50mm Lense- Y/C mount

Soligor C/D Wide-Auto-Minolta MD

Vivitar 75-300mm Macro Focusing Zoom- Y/C

Small Toko Japan Lens in Case-Possibly a Nikon Rangefinder Lens

This is what I think so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin