Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,692   Online: 840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    nutswingers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I'm happy that you are getting the answers you need, however I'm a little aprehensive of the title. This isn't the frat house or a locker room, and there are women and young'uns that read these threads. I think in the future please be a little less trashy in the heading.
    Don't worry about it. You are getting better than 97% of the active members. I will not make any specific recommendations because my experience was with the SR-7 through X-700. The Minolta optics are very good; if they weren't Leica would have never teamed with them.

[quote=Cork;1021555]The lens offered with the 600si you showed would put me off, but I'm not big on massive 3rd party zooms. /quote]

Don't be so cavalier, Tamron lens are made by the folks that built the Bronicas, which did have very good optics. I have a Tamron XR 28 mm to 300 mm zoom which is only slightly poorer than my Nikon 28 mm to 200 mm zoom mainly because it covers a longer range.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a good deal on a Maxxum 5 and an srt 100 I'm going to probably snatch those up the next time I get paid. I would get a Maxxum 4 at the pawn shop across the street from my house but I'm not a big fan of plastic lens mounts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh and I have not lost interest in my FT I love it to pieces, I shot it today but I've wanted a Minolta forever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Cork View Post
    The lens offered with the 600si you showed would put me off, but I'm not big on massive 3rd party zooms. /quote]

Don't be so cavalier, Tamron lens are made by the folks that built the Bronicas, which did have very good optics. I have a Tamron XR 28 mm to 300 mm zoom which is only slightly poorer than my Nikon 28 mm to 200 mm zoom mainly because it covers a longer range.

Steve
    Steve,

Sorry you misinterpreted my post. I meant to say that I do not like/care for/use very wide range zoom lenses, particularly those made by third party manufacturers. I did not mean to imply that such lenses could not be decent optics. To me, that meant the 600si under offer in the ad quoted was coming with a lens for which I would have had no use, other than to resell. I believe the widest range zoom I use from time to time is a 28-135mm Minolta AF lens. It's a bit larger and heavier than the Tamron, but the quality is actually quite decent.

Rgds,
    Cork

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a Maxxum 8000i camera with a Minolta 35-70 AF zoom and 10 creative expansion cards for 50 bucks. It's a good upgrade from my Maxxum 7000. My Tamron 28-200 AF lens fits both as well. Good deals on Minolta cameras are everywhere these days. I've been a Minolta user since I bought my first SRT101 in the late 60's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 3xi, 7000i, Maxxum 5, and a Maxxum 7. The Maxxum 5 gets a lot more playing time because of it's small size and features. I take the 3xi and 7000i when I'm not worry about them getting banged up. The Maxxum 7 gets playing time when I'm doing professional work or want to record a special event.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello,

Get a Maxxum 9, or if that's too much money (>$350 these days), then get a Maxxum 7. Anything less would be silly at the prices they sell for today.

I enjoy my 9's, but I prefer my XE7 and my 570. Better choice of glass.

The advantage to the Maxxum is that you can share glass with your Sony Alpha - that's what I do.

Let us know what you decide.

Jeff M
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Jeff View Post
    Hello,

Get a Maxxum 9, or if that's too much money (>$350 these days), then get a Maxxum 7. Anything less would be silly at the prices they sell for today.

I enjoy my 9's, but I prefer my XE7 and my 570. Better choice of glass.

The advantage to the Maxxum is that you can share glass with your Sony Alpha - that's what I do.

Let us know what you decide.

Jeff M
    I agree. If I had the money I would have had purchased a 9. I love the 7. The next best thing would be to get a 7 and a 5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin