Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,481   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Very well made. Somewhat heavy but extremely durable. You'll need to replace the foam seals. These came with different prism heads -- some had meters, some didn't.

Excellent camera, however.
    Last edited by elekm; 07-02-2010 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add the word "prism"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned and used the Nikon F, F2, F3, and F4. All are well build, reliable cameras. I still shoot with three F2s, one of which was purchased in 1971. Two of the bodies have the standard DE-1 non-metered viewfinder and the third body has the non-metered DA-1 sports finder.

If you have need for such a camera, I would not hesitate buying it for a fair price provided it is in good condition.

Did the current owner buy it new or used? When did he buy it? How much did he use the camera? What did he shoot with the camera? How has it been stored? Has it ever been repaired? Is it a chrome body or a black body? If it is a black body, by any chance is it a titanium black body? What is the serial number on the camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    I spoke to his wife and she showed me the camera. No go. Film advance and shutter are trashed.

Thanks for all the replies, and help!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I own a Nikon F2A chrome and a Nikon F2AS black; both are fantastic performer, build as a tank, absolutely realiable.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    IS there a good how to around the internets to CLA a F2?
    I've opened the bottom and did some work but i would like to really get to the shutter assembly.

noumin
    By chance I came across this site a couple of days ago. If you're after repair manuals, it may be worth to have a look.

http://www.lensinc.net/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nikon's last "Adult" camera. I still use one, and my wife owns and uses two.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dug into the internet and found some repair manuals, and after 4 hours of cursing, the F2 lives again.

Welcome back friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin