Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,883   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Update: A couple of days later I'm thinking about keeping them. The 300MM is so nice it's got me trying to barter on CL for a mount. ;P I still wouldn't put any money into getting one, but if I can barter for one I just might. I really don't need another non-Pentax camera, but we'll see. Maybe I'll work a deal. At the rate I am going though I'm going to have a whole shelf full of different SLR's long before I ever really use to learn one properly!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Careful, now. That kind of thinking shows a tendency towards a GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) addiction. Next thing you know, you will have more cameras and lenses than you have room to store or time to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Too late it's on it's way, lol.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6420322

Actually, I had a gift card someone traded me for some digital imaging that I had to use up. It was cheap and I got a 200MM lens and a polarizer filter out of the deal besides. It's all pretty dusty in the pics, but it really looks to be surface dust and I'm really hoping the camera and lenses are usable. If not, there's no real harm done to my wallet. I'll just keep whatever is okay, and then eventually go for an FX-3. I'm thinking I'd really rather have a black Yashica anyway if I am going to keep and use one for a while.

So far in terms of old SLR's I now have:

Pentax SPI
    Pentax SPII (x2)
    Canon AE-1 (black)
    Yashica FX-2

The SPI is actually up for trade in several places. I decided it had to go. I have a working AP-SPII now and the one Honeywell maybe to fix, so as much as I enjoyed using it, the SPI is not something I need.

You know I don't really collect cameras or lenses. I get cameras and lenses to use and I do have an ultimate goal in mind, a complete Pentax kit. I'm still not sure I am keeping the AE-1 forever. I do love the black, but I may just swap or sell that eventually as I don't have any good lenses except one for it.

It is my only black camera so I'm in no hurry, but I've got plenty of lenses with Yashica kit now. If I can get a black Yashica FX-3 I may just get rid of that AE-1 and the FX-2 if that works and that will give me my 2 SPII's and a black Yashica. I do still want a K1000 SE too but it can wait. It's not a major priority. My SPII is doing me just fine.

I really don't want more than 5-6 cameras ever, including my digital. If I get above that number than something just has to go. I physically don't have room for any more than that. I actually figure that if I can ever afford to get the same lens set up for my Pentax SLR's together then anything else I own in terms of non-Pentax SLR's can probably go, the Yashica kit too.

My ideal set up is a couple of working SPII's, maybe a K-1000 SE, a Pentax DSLR with 2 bodies and plenty of lenses to swap between. In the intern I may flirt a bit with my Canon and the Yashica, but that is the ultimate goal and when I have that same kit of lenses in the Pentax mount (28MM, 50-55MM, 105MM, 135MM, 200MM, 300MM) then the rest can go and I'll be perfectly happy.

Having 4 different brands of cameras and dozens of lenses never did make much sense to me. It's just overkill IMHO to have more than half a dozen good lenses and a small number of good bodies. They should be all in the same make. Why not? It's just far more practical being able to swap the lenses out and I'd never use anything more than that anyway. That isn't fair to all those other good cameras. It's not right to just let them sit on a shelf. I know where my heart is, what cameras and lenses I like best. I have absolutely nothing against non-Pentax cameras, but for me the rest are just pretty redundant.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There were two Braun companies in the photo world:

-) Braun, Nürnberg (with the lens-doublet icon)
    which mainly produced cameras and projectors but at least one flashlight

-) Braun, Frankfurt (with the hightened `A´), the electrics/electronics company that also produced several flashlights.
    It just came to my mind that this stretched `A´ is most probaly also intended to resemble a vacuum tube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin