Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,179   Online: 857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

What Was In The Box...

What I really won for $11+shipping at Goodwill:

3 Yashica Lenses (CO-Y)

1. Vivitar 75-300MM Zoom 1:45-5.6
    2. Yashica DSB 50MM 1.19
    3. Soligor C/D 25MM 1.28

These are all Yashica lenses I believe. They all have lens caps that look original and the caps do say CO-Y. Also, they all look like the same mount close up. They are in super nice condition.

I'm a newbie when it comes to SLR lenses, admittedly, but I looked at them with my mini LCD book light and they look like they're almost new to me. Hardly any dust on the outside, nothing I can't brush right off with a lens brush or cloth. I can't see any on the inside at all.

Whoever had them, they took VERY good care of these.

Braun Nurnberg 34 Color Filter 4-Lens (W, R, Y, G)
    Toko Magnifier (Not a rangefinder lens, alas.)

I don't quite understand the Braun lens thing, what it's for?

Filters:

Tiffen 55MM Tiffen Sky 1-A
    Tiffen 49MM UV-Haze 1
    Kalimar UV 58MM
    Cokin A160 Top Linear Pola
    Cokin A056 Star 8
    Cokin A123 Blue/Clear Gradient
    Cokin A198 Sunset 1
    Cokin A397 Pre-Shaped Frames
    Adapter Rings 52/55
    Filter Holder w/lens cap
    Filter Box

Working Flashes
    Yashica CS-201 Auto (works)
    Kamero KA-70 (works, but light cover is cracked a tiny bit.)

There were 3 more flashes but those were definitely dead.

Soligor Accessories Bag

(This bag has seen some use, but it's very nice actually. It looked white and blue in the pic on Goodwill, but actually it's a nice gray with blue stripes and much nicer than I thought it would be. Definitely a keeper since I don't have an accessories bag yet.)

I'm keeping some of the filters, but the rest I'm going to sell either on CL or on one of my photo forums, I think. I don't think I wasted my money though, do you? Pics tomorrow. I've got to reset up my home grown light box for these and I've got to look the lenses up to see what they are going for used on Ebay etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lenses will fit certain models of Contax cameras as well as Yashicas. They should fit RTS models also 139, and a few others. Good score for next ta nuttin' !
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    That's not my only score there this week. I think Goodwill is my new best friend, laugh. I went just now to our local one? Perfect set of Yashica GSN auxiliary lenses for $5. Funny thing I once spent a year looking for a good set of these for a buddy of mine only to have him finally sell his GSN because we couldn't find a set that he could afford. I walk into Goodwill 5 years later and there they are.

One more thing to add to my list...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, MagKelly;

The Braun Nurnberg (spelling?) 34 Color Filter Kit probably goes onto a Braun Electronic Flash over the window of the flash tube. Is there a Braun electronic flash unit in the box still; perhaps one those that do not work? It is to soften or change the color of the flash.

With all you have there, yes, you did OK with your $11.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There were two Braun companies in the photo world:

-) Braun, Nürnberg (with the lens-doublet icon)
    which mainly produced cameras and projectors but at least one flashlight

-) Braun, Frankfurt (with the hightened `A´), the electrics/electronics company that also produced several flashlights.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was probably the first one. I wasn't sure. Sounds about right. Nope, no flash, must have been from one that died or something. Don't think those will be worth selling. I may just use the case on that one. I'm pretty happy with that haul. I know it's not supposed to be one of the greatest lenses in the world, but getting any 300MM lens for under $11 is fun and I got two more besides a bunch of Cokins et all. That's the main reason I went after that lot actually. I just wanted those Cokins. The rest is just frosting on the cake.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a coincidence; some one is selling 3 of the same lenses on my local cragislist.

Shooter
    35mm
    ;P

I usually don't let grass grow under my feet, lol. I've already gotten email in my inbox about them actually, just now. I was pretty surprised. I didn't expect it with the holiday. I've had one for these and two in the past hour or so for those GSN's. I listed those too. Those I don't expect will last long. Don't know about the 3 SLR ones.

We'll see. Can't hurt to try but I don't expect much from CL locally actually. The gear on there is just priced way too crazy most of the time.
    Last edited by magkelly; 07-03-2010 at 09:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually don't let grass grow under my feet
    Not much gets by us eagle eyed photo gear hunters.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the first lot on there that I ever won. I'm still amazed that I did, but it did end at an odd hour. I got lucky with this one though. The couple of time I've tried to buy a lens from a thrift store I've been burned but good. Whoever the photographer was he or she just didn't use their lenses much I don't think. The GSN's were just sheer dumb luck in action. I never go to Goodwill on Saturdays. The place is like an animal house on weekends and they never have any camera stuff worth buying there anyway. All day, I just felt I had to go for some reason.

Glad I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin