Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,810   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon FA question

I rcvd my FA today and it is a beauty. And the sound of the shutter is just great.

One thing bothers me and I will contact KEH tomorrow as they are closed today. In the meantime maybe you could give some advice. The exposure compensation has a "marker" on the right side of the view finder when it is active. Problem is, on my camera it is never off. It flickers sometimes but never goes off. If this is just a faulty sensor it is no big deal but if the compensation is always on then it is a major problem.
    Any experience if this is a common problem?

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shimoda View Post
    I rcvd my FA today and it is a beauty. And the sound of the shutter is just great.

One thing bothers me and I will contact KEH tomorrow as they are closed today. In the meantime maybe you could give some advice. The exposure compensation has a "marker" on the right side of the view finder when it is active. Problem is, on my camera it is never off. It flickers sometimes but never goes off. If this is just a faulty sensor it is no big deal but if the compensation is always on then it is a major problem.
    Any experience if this is a common problem?

r

Mats
    If you do need to return it. Pack a copy of the shipping cost receipt so that you will be credited or refunded the shipping cost. That will save you a round of emails and telephone calls.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Typical KEH garbage. They grade 35mm SLRs on cosmetics and only on cosmetics...so, a beautiful camera that has a mechaical defect (like the camera you got) can be graded "EX+"....this is exactly why I quit buying from them. I bought a Nikon FA in EX+ condition and got a broken camera (similar symptoms to what you describe...NOT GOOD). Exchanged it for another...that one had a bad light meter. Exchanged it for a third...(I really wanted a second FA) and the third would only work in Manula exposure mode!

All of these were "EX" according to KEH. I returned the last for a full refund and have never purchased from them again.

My advice....
    1) call them and tell them that the camera is defected.
    2) tell them you want to return it for a refund.
    3) I hope you paid with a credit card.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yet they pay such low prices, as if everything is junk. I know they have to make a profit but its a bit ridiculous.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Have bought several cameras, several lenses, and had two other cameras repaired by KEH. Not a single bad experience, in fact, VERY impressed with the speed and quality of the repair work they did.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    Have bought several cameras, several lenses, and had two other cameras repaired by KEH. Not a single bad experience, in fact, VERY impressed with the speed and quality of the repair work they did.
    I have had the same experience without the repair work. I have ordered several Hasselblad lenses from them and a Nikon F-100 among other things. Only two items needed to be sent back. I called them and had no problems getting an exchange. My shipping was refunded. In one case I was going on vacation and the timing was close so they mailed the replacement polarizer before I returned the original. I have found them easy to work with.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy all my film stuff local and if not local state. That way I can test it and see if everything works. If it were a new DSLR it would be different.

The Minolta Maxxum 5 I'm looking at is 3 counties away, but i will be in the area Saturday anyway so I'm going to go snatch it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a fun of Keh. I find them mostly eager to serve , non malicious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will call them up today. As soon as they open. Let's see what they suggest. A price reduction or a refund would be in order I think.

r

Mats

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I discussed the camera with Mustonen & Laine, a repair shop in Helsinki, and they said that most likely the exp comp is stuck. Repair will run between 50 and 70€.
    Later I called KEH and they agreed to reimburse my CC the amount of the repair + shipping. So far looking good.

r

Mats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin