Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,453   Online: 1157

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon F Prong

Shooter
    35mm RF

Nikon F Prong

Does anyone know where I might find a Nikon F Prong for an old N/Ai lens? The only one on Evil-Bay is going for $15 shipped and that seems a bit excessive...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a lot, for a very simple part, but you could easily spend the 15 in the frustration of trying to find one. You could try looking for complete lenses that are otherwised trashed, perhaps something in "ugly" condition from KEH. Ebay is a possibility there too, but the auction format often defeats trying to get stuff like that for really cheap.
    Making one wouldn't be really difficult, depending on what sort of results you wanted, but the tools will cost way more than 15 $'s if you don't already have them.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You've also got to decide if you want the earlier triangular version or the later version with rounded shoulders. Depends on when the lens was made, and I think N/AI lenses may have had either depending on production year. What price authenticity?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They're where you find them. Aside from buying a junky, fungus-infected beater from the big auction site, you can troll around for the same grade at pawn shops, camera store junk bins, yard sales, thrift shops, whatever. Most people with prong lenses rarely have a camera that actually uses them for metering. Don`t leave home without a screwdriver kit, either.

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to look in the junk bins at a local camera store (if that's still an option where you live). Any off-brand Nikon mount lens from the 70s or 80s should still have the prong, and probably won't cost much. I've even asked for prices on some items and been told, "take it, it's yours!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got an extra prong kicking around (AI type, but it will work for you). I'm on the road at the moment, but shoot me a pm, cover shipping and it's yours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH also has "AS-IS" stuff on their site but minimum shipping is going to be around $8. Check here first.
    As above you may just want to bite the bullet & spend the $15.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you all for your responses, my search shall continue!

Thanks mudman for your offer, but I'm hoping to find a correct, non-vented prong of the rounder variety. I do have an AI 55mm micro that can donate it's prong for now, thanks for the idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If my repairman had bothered to change out the prong on my 135 to the new ai type when he installed the conversion kit, I'd have that for ya, haha. As it is, it's still on the 135.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could call a repair shop if there's one where you live. Most repairmen have bins full of old parts.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin