Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,324   Online: 744

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John, that was very helpful.
    I got it reset, and I get no red LED on battery check, so the cure is obvious :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Daniel View Post
    Today when I pressed the shutter release on my Oly OM-2, the mirror went up and then nothing. So mirror is stuck in up position. I have tried switching lens, pressing all buttons etc but no luck.
    Is there anything I should try on my own before proceeding to plan b which would be finding a new old camera.
    Any help is highly appreciated!
    I once had an OM2 which developed very similar symptoms(even with a new battery): at first only at the higher shutter speeds but -eventually- at almost any speed.

As this particular body had already given me a few problems (check the link, bellow), I decided to cut my losses and donated it to my local repairman (who was unable to fix it, but -equally- didn't charge me anything for trying)

I replaced it with an OM2n (off the shelf), and have been trouble free ever since.

Link: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/7...-problems.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin