Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,839   Online: 813

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon F eyepiece magnifier.

What the hell is this and what is it supposed to do? I put it on my FT everything looks like molasses but I got it free and would like to know what I can use it for.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How about a photo so we can what you're talking about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe that is why you got it free?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's about an inch long and looks like a small loupe with a hinge in the middle, it's meant to give a magnified view of the center of the focusing screen. It's used for very critical focusing.

If it's just a single piece of glass in a threaded frame, it replaces the standard eyepiece and it's meant to correct the viewing system to your eyesight if you use glasses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I thought I posted pics but I don't see them......it is like the first device mentioned. How do I use it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    Well I thought I posted pics but I don't see them......it is like the first device mentioned. How do I use it?
    In pre-digital, pre-autofocus days, if you were obsessive about (manual) focusing, with your camera attached to a tripod, you could attach it to your viewfinder eyepiece. With it in the flipped up position, you could frame the shot and, in the flipped down position, you could view the enlarged microprism image -through it- for critical focusing.

It gives about a 2x enlargement of the viewfinder image.

Ihave one (for Asahi Pentax screwmount/K mount bodies) which I rarely if ever use, but -who knows- it could come in handy for macro shots (using a tripod).

A similar item (I also have) has a right-angle bend in it, permitting viewing for low-angle shots, which can be handy at times.

Both items have a built-in screw-in/screw-out focusing adjustment (in the eye-piece) to adapt the gadget to your individual eyesight. (It may be you need to play around with the adjustment to suit your sight?)
    Last edited by Galah; 07-14-2010 at 08:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well that sounds cool.....I'll keep it

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin