Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 808

Shooter
    35mm

The Maxxum/Dynax hotshoe-ectomy?

I received and eBay-bought Minolta 5400HS flash yesterday, but the hotshoe is trashed. I can get at 2000xi flash for a song, so I was wondering if I could swap the shoe. Anyone know if this can be done? The bottoms of the flash are different, but the shoe is the same, so it looks like I should be able to do this...

Or if anyone has a dead 5400HS they'd be willing to part (no pun intended) with, I'd be interested!
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, WolfEye;

I believe that you can. Let me look at my 5600HS (D) and one of the 'xi flashes to confirm that the shoe is the same; I think that they are.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning, WolfEye;

I believe that you can. Let me look at my 5600HS (D) and one of the 'xi flashes to confirm that the shoe is the same; I think that they are.
    I think they are too, so I went ahead and bought the 2000xi. I took the 5400HS apart last nigh and the hotshoe itself is wired to a connector which plugs into a socket inside the flash body. If the 2000xi has the same thing it should be an easy fix. The shoe and a tiny PCB is held on by four internal screws.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't done it, but I think it shouldn't be a problem. I have the exact same flash, and it's a nice tight fit on the Minolta Alpha Sweet II (probably sold as Dynax 5 in Europe), but is pretty loose and wobbly on the Sony A200.
    Film and digital; best of both worlds. JapanesePhotos.Asia.

Shooter
    35mm
    No go. Took the 2000xi apart only to learn the connector plug is totally different. The 2000xi plug is a 4-pin while the 5400HS is six. Looks like the 5400 is trashed until I can find a nonworking one to buy cheap.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin