Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,313   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Meters dont read color, merely the amount of light. A red filter generally needs 3 stops extra light to give the same exposure as no filter, so meter without, then with to see if it gives the proper reading. I recommend you do this with all your filters, and check against the filter factor for that color. Yellow needs one extra stop, and is the easiest to allow for. I meter with my L-398 and add one stop for yellow. On my OM-1, I just trust my on-camera meter, I've already run tests and know ahead its correct. For orange or red, I meter, then add the filter, adjust exposure and shoot.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The color sensitivity depends on the light sensor in the meter. Is it selenium. silicon, ?

Shooter
    35mm
    light meters work in wavelengths not colour. Colour is a human perception. So its the response of the meter to a range of wavelengths that is important. They may be more reactive to some wavelengths than others. Use a tri colour filter which passes only a narrow band of wavelengths and you can get a distorted reading. Difficult to nail down because you use perception to judge the result so what works out fine for one person may not work out fine for another person or for another subject in different lighting. The answer is, you just have to get to know your filters and how they alter your subjects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin