Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,170   Online: 1132

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iso1600 film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    Along with the other recommendations, make sure you're using the fastest lens you can.
    Minolta 50mm 1.4 should do the job.
    Film and digital; best of both worlds. JapanesePhotos.Asia.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    This is not intended as a crticism of you but if these are both an accurate scan of the prints then while the first shot is a reasonable advert for Fuji Neopan 1600 B&W, the second as a potential user of this film would give me cause for concern about the featureless highlights on her face and chest. The woodwork in the background is similar but less important.

It may be my monitor or your scanner but on the original print does her forehead exhibit this patchiness which almost makes her forehead look as if it has a birthmark where the skin lacks pigment. If she does have such a mark then I apologise for drawing attention to it but at least it relieves the film of the blame as it were.

I don't know how to put it more delicately while still asking the question

pentaxuser
    As an avid user of Neopnan 1600, I can assure you that the film does not look that bad when developed and exposed properly. I use Diafine and expose at 2400 and it looks great! Highlights are not blown out and it does have that "smooth-yet-grainy" look totalmotard describes. It is a bit contrasty, however, as I often have to print the negs at grade 1 or even 0.

Shooter
    35mm
    Both Superia 1600 and Neopan 1600 are good possibilities. Here are some examples.

Superia 1600:

Neopan 1600:

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, I went back and rescanned and the highlights were fine. I underexposed a bunch of the shots and the lab compensated for them, leaving the properly exposed shots overexposed. Here is the rescanned version:

I even took out the hair that was bothering pentaxuser.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin