Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,067   Online: 960

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    I'd say you were lucky, yes. Not even leaky light traps? Or rather, "light traps".
    Nope, but I do keep the camera in the case it comes with at all times, which may help prevent any light leaks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chris00nj View Post
    Continued thanks for the recommendations. This is turning into a good thread as there are no others on the web. Keep 'em coming. ...

Any other thoughts?
    Excellent cameras and stereo projectors:

http://www.rbt-3d.de/index.php?idcat...2&changelang=4

Maybe helpful:

http://stereo.thurstons.us/

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    Are these actually any good? Spending that much on a new camera from china worries me.

But if they work as advertise I might just buy one.
    They work incredibly well, best stereo camera i've ever used, works well for landscapes and portrtaits. Grainless lifelike stereo images that look like the real thing, Beautiful modern multicoated lenses and built in accurate light meter. I also use it with a vivitar flash at auto f8 or f11 to take pictures of family. I love mine

stereo.thurston.us is a good source of info

Shooter
    35mm
    Viewmaster would be awsome. I thought about that format, but I thought disk availability and hand-mounting would be an issue. I would definately give it a try now that I am more experienced with mounting and have more sources than I did.

lad

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was happy to recently find a used TL-120 and intend to take some great stuff with it.

But the backbone of my stereo shooting has been the TDC Colorist I & II. The winding spool typically needs to be repaired or reinforced, and the focus/controls usually need a good CLA. But it's worth it because they're effortless to use and have the most consistently sharp and contrasty lens of any Realist Era camera. You won't find anything better for the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    lad
    enjoy the tl-120 I love mine! Especially for indoor shots with my vivitar flash set at auto f11 and some astia 100f. The slides are almost too real! The people I've shown them too are amazed and a little frightened by them

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by STEREOKODAK View Post
    Viewmaster would be awsome. I thought about that format, but I thought disk availability and hand-mounting would be an issue. I would definately give it a try now that I am more experienced with mounting and have more sources than I did.
    I got a Viewmaster camera a short time ago and I have to say it is a lot of fun, there is a company called Fresta Volante http://www.fresavolante.com/Home/Home.html that is making new reels and a company called Paramount Cords http://www.paramountcords.com/prodde...=PM-VMHSFM-PCF that is making an electronic flash adapter.

I have bought supplies from both of these companies in the last year (2012) so I can say that they are alive and well.

I was shooting Kodak Elitechrome 100, but now I have a roll of Velvia 50 loaded.

Disclaimer: I do currently use the parent company of Paramount cords as a vendor where I work, what can I say, they were willing to make something for me that no one else was willing to make.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Having one Mamiya C22, it struck me that it would be fairly simple to align two of them using the tripod mounts and a piece of tubing and make a highly capable stereo camera system which would use conventional processing

David

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Stereo Realist. It is big, heavy and a bit clunky to use, but it takes great pictures. The worst part is cutting the film and mounting the two shots in the slide holder. This is such a pain, I recall reading once that someone was offering to pay for someone to do it for them!

Several years ago I bought a pair of Oly 35RC's and a pair of the little Panavue hand-held viewers. The full size 35mm slide should give a a better quality, and the optics of the Oly's are well known. I have never gotten around to making the mount for either the cameras of the viewers. :-(

Taking a 3-D photo is very different from a 2-D --> the subject matter, composition, everything. So it is difficult to switch between the two. You have to be in the right mindset for each format.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find that 3D is the exact opposite of normal photography in that when you take a 3D photo the more stuff you have in the photo the better, having stuff between you and the subject is even better.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin