Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,323   Online: 1042

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    I find that 3D is the exact opposite of normal photography in that when you take a 3D photo the more stuff you have in the photo the better, having stuff between you and the subject is even better.
    Yeah, when I was first getting into stereo photography I remember reading somewhere "Foreground clutter suddenly becomes an opportunity". Lol

Shooter
    Large Format
    I purchased my Stereo Realist from Dr. T. I also bought his well written book.

I love the camera and it's quirkiness is part of the fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it possible to use pair of 35mm SLR for stereo photography?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It has been some time since I was doing stereo photography, but yes, you could use a pair of SLRs, the issue being that the inter-ocular or inter-lens distance would be greater than required -- you'd be into hyper-stereo territory. I once had a pair of Rollei 35S camera that I could mount on a platform; because of their small size, the inter-lens distance was less that it would be with larger cameras. If you look at the RTB link in a previous post, you'll see that some experts actually merge two cameras into one.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RBT Stereo-SLR's (made out of two standard SLR's)

http://www.rbt-3d.de/index.php?idcat...3b0bc8fef626ed
    Last edited by AgX; 01-28-2013 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Revere 33, inherited from my f-i-l. In spite of sending it once for repair, I continue to have problems with the film advance -- uneven spacing and overlapping frames make it unreliable. Which is sad, because other than this fault, it's a very nice camera. I'd love to get it fixed properly, but there seems to be only one repair person, and he's getting on (and not on the 'net or email). Apparently, the design of the film advance mechanism has "issues", and I have been told (with very little in the way of details) the uneven spacing and frame overlap is due to some kind of problem with a fiber washer and a clutch.

Anyone who can enlighten me as to a reliable repair person for this camera will earn my gratitude!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Verascope had a similar problem. It was the film pressure plate. The springs holding it against the film were compressed too much, a little tweak and it was as good as new. I had a 33 once. Loved it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    It has been some time since I was doing stereo photography, but yes, you could use a pair of SLRs, the issue being that the inter-ocular or inter-lens distance would be greater than required -- you'd be into hyper-stereo territory. I once had a pair of Rollei 35S camera that I could mount on a platform; because of their small size, the inter-lens distance was less that it would be with larger cameras. If you look at the RTB link in a previous post, you'll see that some experts actually merge two cameras into one.
    Thanks. No wonder people go a long way with merging cameras. And I also notice some people using pair of SLR in portrait orientation. I thought I can use pair of small Nikons to make landscape stereos. Sigh....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some people use two SLR overlapping in horizontal orientation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Anybody knows what kind of slide viewer and mount should I get if I use this kind of stereo lens : http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/lor-licn.html ??

I am sure the site sells them but I found it overwhelming with not enough information and confusing layout.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin