Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,168   Online: 870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta Motor Drive 1

I have been trying to find a Minolta Motor Drive 1 for a while. Every time i bid on one I was out bid. I bid on two of them today and won both of them so I am looking forward to using them with my X700s. I wonder if others have trouble getting all the pieces for their systems since they are not made anymore. These two units looked good and I hope they are in good condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know the feeling. Not looking for a motor drive but I have been looking for a few things for my SRT101. Was "snipered" 3 times this past week. Was winning an auction on eBay and in the last 15 seconds i was outbid. Since i was monitoring it with the BlackBerry app i couldn't up my bid fast enough. Oh well. I still want a 2x converter and shutter release cable. Sure i can buy them new but where's the fun in that? I just got another SRT 101 and a SRT 201 for less than $18 shipped. The seller said they wouldn't fire the shutter. When the package arrived I opened it and within 10 minutes I had one of them fixed. The other about another 10 and they are good to go. Now i need more lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mostly the lenses were a problem. About 4 years ago I built my Minolta MD system and had a heck of a time getting certain lenses. There were a couple of guys in Japan that seemed to overbid me on every 100mm f/2.5, for instance, and the 300mm was tough to get as well. Getting a Minolta AF 28-135mm in good condition took months (and I returned the first one for a major scratch in the front element). Patience is a required virtue on the bay of evil. Shoot, there are a set of lenses I still want to have but prices have jumped so much in 4 years I don't even bother looking!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got the first Motor Drive 1 and it appears to be mint but I will have to fire it up and check it out. I have a 85mm f1.7 which is rare but it has some oil on the blades and they seem to be slow. I bought the 85 new back in the day. Might consider having the 85 cleaned its a big chunk of glass.

Shooter
    35mm
    Marvin, congrats on the success! Hope it works great for you.

Definitely get the 85 cleaned, it is one of the lenses that is worth the cost and effort.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not just buy form KEH.com??? I rarely have a problem finding what I need from them...and I can always return anything that isn't up to snuff (although I have never had to return anything).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both Motor Drive 1 units appear to be very nice but I will have to get the 8AA Batteries and get them going. I have many lenses for MC MD mount as I seemed to pick them up at camera store sell outs. I have some Celtic lenses and they seem nice too. I still scan the used equipment at the local camera store every time I go in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I have been trying to find a Minolta Motor Drive 1 for a while. Every time i bid on one I was out bid. I bid on two of them today and won both of them so I am looking forward to using them with my X700s. I wonder if others have trouble getting all the pieces for their systems since they are not made anymore. These two units looked good and I hope they are in good condition.
    Use one for winding the film and the other for rewinding the film!

Keep both so the hoarders don't get them.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have checked out both units and they seem to be fine. I run them through all modes and they worked well. I have one on my X700 now and with 8 AA batteries it becomes a heavy camera but feels good in your hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Marvin;

You are right. I agree with you that the Minolta X-700/MD-1 Motor Drive is a nice combination. Not only do I like the weight (for me it makes the X-700 more stable), the combination just fits my hand and the shutter release is right under my fingertip where I expect it to be. Of all of my Minolta SLR cameras from the SR-1 (original) through to the Maxxum/Dynax 9, the X-700/MD-1 is the one that feels best to my hand. Yes, it is even better than the Maxxum/Dynax 9. The shutter release on the 9 is just a little too far back and a deliberate effort is required to bend my finger back to reach it. In that way, the 9 reminds me of the original Nikon F with the shutter release back in the back half of the top of the camera. Minolta did it so right with the X-700/MD-1. How could they just miss it with the 9? I do not know.

Another nice aspect of the X-700/MD-1 is that I can set it in "P" or "Program" mode, put a Vivitar Auto Focusing lens on it, and the X-700 becomes a neat "Point and Shoot" camera system. For me, the X-700 is the most versatile camera system that Minolta built. I like that camera.

Others have already commented on using KEH (www.keh.com) as a source for Minolta equipment. They have been my main source. Also, their prices in most cases have been either competitive with or less than the prices from my local camera shops here in Latte Land.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin