Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,113   Online: 1102

Shooter
    35mm RF

new to the forum and FRs

first off i just wanted to say hi to everyone, im new the this forum and to rangefinders in general actually.
    I am looking to furthering my interest in rangefinder cameras and photography but need a little advice to start me off i guess.
    first things first i need a camera, now i think i have a few ideas of what im looking for but still not sure. i have been looking at the yashica electro line, especially the GX and the CC. but they are harder to track down than first anticipated.
    Basically i need something to get me going, something decent but not necessarily the best gear out there. i like smaller cameras, fast lens and maybe something around the 30-40mm range. price range is about 100$ but that can be flexible.

thanks in advance

joe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    you going to have hard time finding 35mm fast lens in your price range, cheapest RFs would be russian zorki, kiev, fed. But in decent condition with wide lens even if it is Jupiter-12 they would sell for over $100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    by the way there is Kiev for sale in the classifieds section
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...odel-nice.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    If you like fixed lens cameras the you won't go far wrong with something like a voigtlander vitomatic 11a, with the color skopar lens, they are great little cameras, and produce surperb results, as do all of the German original voightlander range,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

I'd suggest a Canonet G-III 17. It has a 40mm f/1.7 lens, is reasonably small, and you can probably find one in your price range.

You will need either an adapter or some other means of dealing with the fact that the Canonet was designed to use a type of battery that is no longer available. Most likely, you will also need to replace the light seals as well.

You can find solutions for these two issues in various places, but one of the best is John Goodman, who trades on eBay under the name "interslice".

Good luck, and have fun.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 on the Glll 17 Compact, fast lens, use it in manual & you don't need no battery.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin