Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,039   Online: 989

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

will xe-7 lenses work on srt-101 body

bought minolta xe-7 and a couple hours after second roll camera will not work on automatic. push button and shutter goes down, minute later goes back up. batteries are new. can get srt-101 body in morning and use while xe-7 gets repaired. Anyone know if the xe-7 lenses will work on srt-101? thanks for any help. On/off switch doesn't click when going from one to the other and meter doesn't register at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes.

Marty

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you. any idea what might be wrong with xe-7?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sorry, no, I have an XE-7 but never have had any problem with it.

Marty

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks again, have a good night.
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    The lenses off my XG1 & XD7 all work fine with my SRT 101b
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The SRT cameras used lenses with Minolta's "MC" mount. When automation started being built into camera bodies, Minolta came out with the "MD" mount. For all practical purposes, MC and MD mount lenses are interchangeable. Any MD lens will work properly on an SRT. Any MC lens will work on a later camera with the MD mount except that Auto mode won't function, but it will work fine in Manual mode.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Just as a minor clarification on Mike's comment about a Minolta 35mm SLR camera with an "Auto mode:" On the camera itself, this "Auto mode" might be represented with the letter "P" for "Program" mode. This came out on the X-700 and was found on very few Minolta manual focus cameras. It is a truly "Automatic Point and Shoot" mode for exposure with only manual focusing being required. This is the only mode where the MD lenses are required for that mode to work, but there is a way to work around even that.

A possible point of confusion exists between the Minolta Rangefinder and the Minolta SLR cameras, because Minolta did use the "A" designation for "Automatic" mode on the Minolta Hi-Matic 9 where there is an "A" setting for the lens aperture control ring, and an "A" setting for the shutter speed control ring. If you use just one of them, it will give you either an aperture priority mode or a shutter speed priority mode, depending on which you have chosen. If you set the aperture ring to "A," you get to choose the shutter speed, "shutter priority," and the Hi-Matic 9 would set the aperture for you automatically according to what the light meter wanted.

The interesting part is what happens when you set "both" the aperture ring and the shutter speed ring to "A." Then the Hi-Matic 9 does work in what Minolta called an "Automatic" mode according to a built-in program in the camera. Today we would call this a "Program" mode.

Later Minolta provided further possible confusion because there is both an "A" and a "P" on the shutter speed dial on the Minolta X-700. The "A" is for "Aperture" priority mode.
    Last edited by Ralph Javins; 07-21-2010 at 12:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Something odd about my SRT101b in that a Kiron 2X match mate converter wont work with it, but it works perfectly on my X-700.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Ralph, for clarifying the nomenclature I screwed up in my post. I was too careless and casual.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin