Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,467   Online: 915

Thread: EOS 3

Shooter
    4x5 Format

EOS 3

Did Sigma make lenses for EOS3 cameras? If so, where can I find one? I'm either looking for a good all-around lens like a 17-70 or an 18-200, or a fixed, good under low-light situations wide lens. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon EOS 3 just uses the regular EF lenses, so that's all you need to look for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just make sure the lenses cover full frame - the 2 focal lengths you mentioned are designed for APS C D SLR's!

they will focus, but you will get black edges all around your photos!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only use the canon 28-135 IS USM and have no complaints on the EOS3. Need to get a fast 50mm though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Avoid the EF-S mount compatible lenses -- as mentioned above they are meant for crop sensor cameras.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I had three Sigma lenses for my EOS 3: 17-35, 28-70 and 80-200. Sharpness was okay but not great. The weakest point is the AF motor, it turned out to be very slow and noisy. In the meanwhile I have an original 24-105 IS, 70-200 IS and 300 IS and they are much, much better in almost every respect.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thanks

Thanks all for your responses. So, after all this, what would you guys recommend for my EOS3? I only asked about the Sigma lenses because I'm very happy with my 30mm/1.4 I use with my Digital Rebel XTi.

So, I guess, the new question is, what kind of all-around lens should I get for my EOS3?

(Shot with my Sigma lens.)

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For many EOS photographers the f/4 24-105mm IS is the standard lens - it's sharp, weather-sealed, has a good stabilizer and often replaces three primes. Of course, if you need more than f/4 it's a different situation.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm happy with the combo Tamron 28-75/2,8 and Canon 70-200/4L. Sometimes, when I'm in wide-angle mood, I throw in the 17-40/4L.
    85% of my pictures are done with the Tamron.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 that is mind bendingly wide on a 35mm EOS camera and just kinda wide on my digital. Good lens but not nearly as sharp as my $99 Canon 50 f/1.8.

-Josh
    Cameras:
    Canon EOS Elan II/E, Elan 7, and 630. -- Bronica ETRS -- Pentax 6x7
    My Website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin