Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,797   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtong View Post
    You pay a little more with KEH, but you do get a 14 day "No questions asked" return policy as well as a 60 day warranty.

~Dom
    Actually KEH does ask why you are returning an item but I've never had them balk for any reason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    You pay a little more with KEH, but you do get a 14 day "No questions asked" return policy as well as a 60 day warranty.

~Dom

They're not the only ones who do this, or something similar.
    I wonder to whom henryp might be referring to. Maybe he could illuminate us?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought stuff from B&H, KEH and Freestyle and the prices and service are great with all three. I have the same problem with each of them though - their shipping charges are really high, at least to Canada - even using the US postal service.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I wonder to whom henryp might be referring to. Maybe he could illuminate us?

Steve
    Click on the sentence and all will be revealed. The answer may surprise you.
    Not.

Their policy on initial returns is better than KEH, as it's 15 days from receipt of goods rather than 14 days from invoice date.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've never had an issue with KEH. "Paying more" is relative, as it depends on the item in question, and everything I have bought from them has been "BGN" condition but has been in like new condition, from pro AF lenses to old Takumar 50s.

I've never had an issue with B&H.
    I've never had an issue with Adorama.

My first order from Freestyle is in the mail. I'm sure I won't be disappointed, and I had just been waiting for an excuse to order from them.

You really can't go wrong with any of the four.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wolfeye,

Congratulations on your purchase. A great little tank of a camera. Ergonomic heaven with the BG-10 grip - especially for small hands like mine.

I have had very good experiences with B&H. Bought a new FA 77mm limited from them recently (No US warranty). Posted it to Australia fast. Don't know where they got it, but it was a Made in Japan version.

They advised me to send my invoice to Pentax. No problems - Pentax sent me an international warranty the next week. This means I can get it fixed under warranty in Australia, and I didn't have to pay inflated Aussie prices.

Go the little MZ-S and Limited lenses. YeeeHah!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've ordered quite a few brand new lenses from B&H for my digital bodies and have been extremely pleased.

However, I can't justify the prices B&H and KEH are asking for their used gear...also, KEH doesn't ship via USPS, only FedEx and some other more expensive options to Canada...so on any lens purchase I'm looking at a MINIMUM of a little over $33 for shipping...that's a little steep...
    Last edited by LowriderS10; 08-16-2010 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow...and I just found out that KEH doesn't buy from Canadians...that's pretty weak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Wow...and I just found out that KEH doesn't buy from Canadians...that's pretty weak
    That is because they are lined up along the US border waiting for the right time to flood in and take over! Then we would be forced to watch television without ads for drugs. What a drug free society? What will the Canadians think of next?!?!?!?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Did they say why?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin