Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,738   Online: 822

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I think a list that would rate the various photo labs is a fantastic idea. There would be quite a few labs that would make the "bad" or "avoid" list. Any such list would be helpful, as it could save numerous people time, money, and, most of all, frustration.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Useful but only if it's updated regularly and accurately. Having an idea of prices, services, performance and willingness to do mail order would help many of us. A sticky thread on the regional boards might work best?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think this is a wonderful idea
    here goes

Elevator in Toronto

film prices are really high.
    Print prices are obscene
    The owner/ printer is an obnoxious short little prick who hates dealing with people.

they have been printing in the GTA (4 million people} for the last twenty years and have continued to pay their rent and staff for that time. I cannot understand how they are still in business?
    Their work is in Museums, Gallerys and private collections , now spreading to every nook and cranny of this little planet.

all in all a lab you should avoid at all costs if you think their rates are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by FilmOnly View Post
    I think a list that would rate the various photo labs is a fantastic idea. There would be quite a few labs that would make the "bad" or "avoid" list. Any such list would be helpful, as it could save numerous people time, money, and, most of all, frustration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob, are you in the same business? Competitors are usually not objective.
    My apology if I am mistaken.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    here goes

Elevator in Toronto

Print prices are obscene
    The owner/ printer is an obnoxious short little prick who hates dealing with people.

they have been printing in the GTA (4 million people} for the last twenty years and have continued to pay their rent and staff for that time. I cannot understand how they are still in business?
    Their work is in Museums, Gallerys and private collections , now spreading to every nook and cranny of this little planet.

all in all a lab you should avoid at all costs if you think their rates are too high.
    Is the short guy you or your partner? Checked out your web site - NICE!

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is their work worth the price? I am willing to pay for quality, as for the attitude, there are ways of shutting that down as well if the work is that good, tell them so with a phrase like, "You do excellent work and it is worth what you charge for it, but I really would prefer it if you did not speak to me that way". If that doesn't work try "I come here because you do good work and your local, but if your attitude doesn't change you won't be seeing my money any more", enough people say things similar they will get the idea.

I will add that I like the print work that Dwain's photo does, but I think it is inkjet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    here goes

Elevator in Toronto

Print prices are obscene

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I just find this Thread totally offensive from the get go , some of the best work in the photographic field is done in quality labs all over the world, and the OP thinks otherwise which is his/her option, opinion, but I do not agree one bit with the direction of this Thread .

btw I am the short ugly one.
    As far as this respect thing , it works both ways, 25 years of front counter relationships with clients tell me that.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am referring to myself , I think all other printers have better personality's than me.

This thread really pisses me off. I would love to know what the OP does for a living and rate his/her profession, job.
    Now don't you think that would be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Bob, are you in the same business? Competitors are usually not objective.
    My apology if I am mistaken.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am the short one.

I got that way from too many years clients beating me down.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Olives View Post
    Is the short guy you or your partner? Checked out your web site - NICE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good work costs money in any field.

If you're not willing to put in the time (at least 10,000 hours) to learn it yourself, invest the money to buy the proper equipment and everything else you have to do to have total control, then you have to let a pro do it. Everyone thinks that if they buy the same equipment as a pro lab uses, they can get the same results. Wrong...

What you're paying for is not their time or their equipment, it's the 20 years of experience and daily lessons of sweat and grime that makes them good.

You get what you pay for...send it out to Bob Carnie in Toronto or A&I in LA. If you're not happy, happy doesn't exist in your world. Period.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin