Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,275   Online: 941

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    With respect to the focusing ring and aperture rings turning different ways, it really isn't that hard to figure out. I've shot Nikon, Canon, Pentax, and Hasselblad cameras in the past, and it's pretty easy to switch back and forth.

-J
    IIRC Nikon and Minolta aperture rings turn in the opposite direction to open [or stop down]. That bothered me when I switched from Minolta to Nikon. Some how I learned to survive.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first 35mm slr was a Sears (Ricoh) TLS. The lens did not have a manual/auto switch for the aperture, it had two separate scales on the ring !!! :o

Shooter
    35mm
    I've never found DOF scales on lenses useful. A DOF scale depends on alot of things like the detail the film can capture and the viewing size and distance, not to mention the quality of the lens itself. The DOF scales on lenses are just rough guestimates that have never turned out useful to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The DOD scales are very useful if the camera does not have a range finder, for example the Voightlander Vito II. That was my first serious camera and it taught me about the hyperfocus range.

Features are only useful if you use them. If you do not use them, that is your choice. See the thread about useless features.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stregone View Post
    I've never found DOF scales on lenses useful. A DOF scale depends on alot of things like the detail the film can capture and the viewing size and distance, not to mention the quality of the lens itself. The DOF scales on lenses are just rough guestimates that have never turned out useful to me.
    I have a pretty good idea of which of my lenses use which circle of confusion, as well as how "conservatively" I should use (or interpret) the DOF scales for whatever purpose (also a factor of the film I'm using and general effect desired).

If you don't use it you lose it...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin