Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,153   Online: 817

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

A comment for TimmyMac; you do not need to convert or modify Minolta SR/MC/MD lenses to use them on a digital camera. One of the most cost effective and simple ways to put a Minolta manual focus lens onto a digital camera without any other additional glass for an "optical correction" is with the replacement lens mounting flange for a Canon EOS APS-C body digital camera. The one by Mauro Placido at digitalrokkor.altervista.org is easily done. It does not require that you alter the lens. And, if you decide to go back to using the Canon EF and EF-S lenses on the Canon body, you just remove the screws for the Minolta lens flange, and put the Canon lens flange back on and put the screws back in.

Why permanently alter something when it is not necessary? That will also affect the possible sale value of that Minolta ROKKOR lens in the future, and I do not know what it will do if you try to use that modified lens on a Minolta camera body.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    You can also put Nikon lenses on an EOS body. I used to do it quite often, and still would if my adapter had not broken. Putting pre-AI Nikon glass on my 10D has resulted in some of my favorite digital images I have ever taken. The look of this glass is very unique, and one of the great things about digital is how quick it is to compare the results of different lenses, so you can really see that it is all about the glass. Adapting lenses is one of the best ways to exercise finely detailed control of your pictures. I do it, but I should do it more often. Canon FD bodies are among the best for adapting lenses to, as the bodies are so shallow compared to most. There are fewer options with EOS bodies (and most other cameras, for that matter). You lose all of your automation when adapting anyhow (the stuff that might make one choose EOS over FD), so may as well just get a cheap FD body as a base for adapting multiple lenses to.
    This.......I run a Nikon to EOS adapter on my Digital Rebel and have came up with some neat effects with my old glass. I have two lenses that really help to vintage my picture, as in, give it the look of old 35mm film from decades ago as opposed to what you can get now. One of my best images on my digital was shot through a Rokinon f2.8 28mm lens I got for 20 dollars at a pawn shop for my Nikkormat FTN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin