Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,099   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

My first roll of film through my Canon AE-1P!! :) Vancouver Island / Canadian Rockies

I've always loved film and always liked Canon's AE-1s. I managed to get my paws on a gorgeous AE-1 Program, then picked up a collection of absolute mint lenses...all these were taken with the 28 f2.8. (Pardon the poor scans, I'm waiting to find a good deal on a negative scanner...in the meantime I have to rely on Wal Mart's less than stellar equipment). No PP done, straight off the film (except the last one, very light PP, contrast and saturation slightly bumped). Film was Fuji Superia 200.

Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island

Port Renfrew, Vancouver Island

Lake Louise, Alberta (Rockies)

Near Courtenay, Vancouver Island

Moraine Lake, Rockies

Parksville, Vancouver Island

Port Renfrew, Vancouver Island

Near Courtenay, Vancouver Island

Some radar thingie near Sidney, BC

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    #8 is awesome, haha.
    You mainly going to shoot color neg or what?
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Love them!
    Makes me miss the west coast a load...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks you both

6x9: yeah, I think I'm going to stick to mainly colour negs with the occasional B&W thrown in for kicks...I haven't shot slide since I was 11, though I might give that another shot...but only if what I'm doing now loses its novelty

Deniz: Yeah, it's hard not to be inspired by the beauty of this place every single day

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great colors. You are certainly putting that canon to good use. Enjoy it.
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice series! I love the look you got from your C-41 film. I have an AE1-P I can't wait to get in for a CLA.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't write off slide film too easily---I did for a few years, and then got a wild hair and discovered that it's a whole lot easier than I expected (plus, it's longer-lived, and IMHO scans better, than C-41). My AE-1's meter seems to be just about dead perfect for slide use---I believe the AE-1P uses the same metering system, right? Apart from the occasional situation like a backlit subject, where some manual intervention is obviously required, I find I can put it in auto mode (which on the AE-1 means Tv) and forget about it.

The radar tower looks just like the NEXRAD weather stations in the US---perhaps it's part of whatever the equivalent Canadian system is. The one near my house is locally called "God's Golf Ball".

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone for the comments Bill, you're going to love the AE-1...it's a great camera.

ntenny: I'm embarrassed to say this, but even though I own 3 AE-1s (and about to buy another one today), I'm not sure if they share the same metering system...I know the display is different...the original had a needle whereas the Program has little LED lit numbers. None of my cameras ever see any sort of auto/program/priority mode, though...but I'm very happy with the AE-1P's metering...it's a superb tool

I haven't written off slide...I just haven't shot it in so long and I'm not sure who develops it around here...plus, this whole film thing is a novelty right now (one I'm getting a little obsessed with haha), so I'll go along with C41 for now until I find out more on slides.

I googled the NEXRAD towers and yeah they look very similar! Although I don't think those have the same soccer ball tiles as this one does...could just be a different cover for different climates? Who knows...

Oh yeah...and I decided on film...I threw a roll of Kodak Gold 200 in it...I was so happy with the colours of this camera that I didn't want to toss B&W in it, plus I want to see back-to-back rolls of Kodak and Fuji and compare them and see which one I should stick with. I think the Ilford will live in the Ansco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great pictures!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lovely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin