Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,277   Online: 1108

Shooter
    35mm RF

Canon F1 loose lens mounting ring

I have recently aquired a nice chunky Canon F1 SLR but the lens mount on the body is loose and moves which is disconcerting.

Has anyone fixed this kind of problem before and could give me some clues...there don't seem to be any visible fitting screws for the lens mount.

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There are usually 4 beefy screws holding the lens mount down. Depends on which camera you have, but they are generally under the trim cover around the lens mount, or under the leatherette on either side of the mount area in front. If the camera needs a CLA anyway, you might consider having that done and make sure the tech knows the lens mount needs tightening while he's in there...

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for that - I worked it out in the end...!

There are four small crosshead (probably JIS) screws holding on the lens mount cover plate (with the lens mounting red dot reference on it) and underneath the cover plate are four screws holding the lens mount - all were loose.

Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin