Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 721

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet if you posted a Craigslist "wanted" ad you would probably get a response.

And if Lillian is like me, she either has extra stuff she would be happy to contribute, or gets offered stuff that duplicates what she already has.

If I understand it correctly, you spend some time in Victoria - this might still be available:

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/pho/1862392332.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I concur with all above, the Ilford Delta films all are souped in standard B&W developers-not C41. This is 100% correct.

Most of the remaining labs, especially ones that do black & white, know each other. Here's an idea. Email Panda Photo Lab in Seattle. I bet they could suggest a lab in BC. Or you could mail order to them or any other professional lab. Remember that good pro labs employ photographers who are passionate about photography and really good at all the darkroom stuff. Keeping the labs busy and open will help perpetuate the use of film and is, therefore, good for everybody all around.

http://www.pandalab.com/

Whoa, you're right! The Ilford web site IS down. I was just there the other day so I'm sure it'll be back online soon.
    Andrea McLaughlin

Shooter
    35mm
    ilford.com does not respond. ilfordphoto.com is the site you want, and it's up.

Ulysses

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Though it looks like I may have found a buyer for all my non-C41 Ilfords...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey Lo,

I'm sure you saw it here in another post, but film chemicals are not flammable, and are low toxicity (only spent fixer needs special disposal, as it contains silver ions.) I develop film in the bathroom, as no darkroom is needed. Delta 3200 is my favorite film, and I would shoot more of it if it weren't ten bucks a roll!

Here is a picture of everything you will need to turn your own bathroom into a processing room:

(You might prefer the plastic reels, for slightly less money. Many find them easier to use. I don't.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info, it's very useful and much appreciated! However, I counted $180 worth of stuff there...even if I get plastic reels and use my watch, etc...I think it's easily $100+ to get into it...unfortunately, that's a lot of money right now...

However, it's great to know what I need, maybe I can pick it up piece by piece if I see them dirt cheap...also, great info on knowing they're not flammable or toxic! It'll definitely help me sell the idea to my parents and/or girlfriend

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Thanks for the info, it's very useful and much appreciated! However, I counted $180 worth of stuff there...even if I get plastic reels and use my watch, etc...I think it's easily $100+ to get into it...unfortunately, that's a lot of money right now...

However, it's great to know what I need, maybe I can pick it up piece by piece if I see them dirt cheap...also, great info on knowing they're not flammable or toxic! It'll definitely help me sell the idea to my parents and/or girlfriend
    I'd start saving yer pennies. It'll pay for itself a hundred times over if you are paying for lab processing now.

If you beg, you might even get a nice person on A.P.U.G. to give you some of the stuff. In other words, PM me when you are serious about getting started at home. I have a few two-reel tanks and some graduates that I never use. If it gets you regularly buying film, chemicals, shooting, developing, and printing, it will be a donation well placed.

...but do get serious about it soon if you want the stuff. A new semester is starting soon, and there will be plenty of students there that I will offer to help out as well.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 08-17-2010 at 04:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Use a dark closet instead of a changing bag, and a $2 aquarium thermometer instead of a fancy dial one. A shot glass will measure 28 mL, and you can guestimate half of that. Substitute empty pop bottles, clothes pins and just skip the tray. I'm sure you have some scissors around the house. So it comes down to the tank and reels, and the chemicals. Get a packet of D76 for $4 and a bottle of rapid fixer for $7. Photoflo is optional, so skip it for now. Get a cheap tank for $10 - the total is now less than $25.

I wanna see some negatives next week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris101 View Post
    I wanna see some negatives next week!
    Chris, you are one hard task master.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you want to mail the film to Calgary I'll soup them for you.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin