Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,655   Online: 800

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X900 Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    Found this pic of what appears to be an "X-900m"

Perhaps a prototype?

I may be wrong, but the 'X-900m' looks to me like a what-if photoshop speculation. Certain aspects of the image around where the battery holder fits into the body don't look quite right.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cork View Post
    Fantastic! The more folks like you that consider this excellent system to be "junk" the cheaper and easier it will be for the intelligent elitists like me to get fantastic cameras and lenses! I love it! (grin)
    Er, it's an excellent system when it's working--my definition of excellence, not ease of repair on gear deficiently designed and built with failure-prone parts. Reverse snobbery has its limits. No wonder I could buy another for $20.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    I have 2 X-700's that locked up but were repaired by me for less than $0.79 each. A few tools and a little solder did the trick. I could have just tossed them as junk but why waste good cameras?
    Details?

Shooter
    35mm
    Bob,

There are various sites with the repair info, but here is one: http://www.twid.de/x700/

I repaired one X-700 in a few minutes for a buck and some solder.

Best,
    Cork

Edit: in many cases it's just the bottom capacitor that goes bad. The one I repaired only needed the bottom. cv

Shooter
    35mm
    ^ Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    I have 2 X-700's that locked up but were repaired by me for less than $0.79 each. A few tools and a little solder did the trick. I could have just tossed them as junk but why waste good cameras?

Hello Wade,

What's your address ?
    I've got 2 X-700's that are Playin' Possum.

Ron

From The Long Island Of New York
    And The Macro Management, And Long Island @ Large Format APUG Groups

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When clean used x700s are available for, like, 25-40 bucks, this somewhat sketchy DIY survivalist stuff just seems like way too much trouble. I rate complex DIY camera repair as equivalent to amateur dentistry. Minolta X series cameras sold strongly, so there are tons(even working ones!)available. With cheap 35mm processing all but gone, they've never been cheaper. Sad but true. I'll probably get another when my old Rokkors start whimpering from neglect.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    . . . this somewhat sketchy DIY survivalist stuff just seems like way too much trouble. I rate complex DIY camera repair as equivalent to amateur dentistry.
    Depends on your skill set, I guess. Popping in a new capacitor is quite simple to me; one heck of a lot easier than replacing light seals. Now THAT takes a steady hand, at least on the XD-11's.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have, at times, even enjoyed repairing cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I was able to repair a malfunctioning camera that I liked, I believe I would experience a level of satisfaction not uncommon to the fly fisherman and tying a irresistible fly. The zen moment. signed, new owner of a XD-5..what a beaut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin