Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,235   Online: 699

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X900 Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format

X900 Minolta

It was never made but I wanted one. I had the X700 and hoped that Minolta would introduce a X900 pro camera but they went the Maxxum route. Just wondered if others had a dream camera that was never made.

Shooter
    35mm
    An XD-11 with TTL-OTF flash metering. Perfection in a MF camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Found this pic of what appears to be an "X-900m"

Perhaps a prototype?

Anyway, are you aware of the Minolta X-600? It's sort of halfway camera between the X-series models
    and the Maxxum 7000. It has an MD mount but also an AF sensor with manual focus confirmation. It was
    made just before the Maxxum 7000 for the Japan market.

Last edited by BobD; 08-12-2010 at 11:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Thank you both for providing the photographs of those cameras. There are several Minolta cameras that we may hear about, but not often do we see something that tends to confirm that they actually existed, or at least a prototype did. And, there are a couple of accessories I know about, but have never seen. Finding them for purchase is a challenge.

I also have a couple of Minolta models that were available only in the Japanese domestic market. It does seem that Minolta-USA did exercise some restraint in selecting what they brought to the North American continent for our acquisition and use.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd have appreciated an X700 whose electronics didn't die young. I just pitched one newer than several Nikon FE, FG, and F3 bodies that are still going strong. I bought this last one cheap but won't be bothering with another.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    I'd have appreciated an X700 whose electronics didn't die young. I just pitched one newer than several Nikon FE, FG, and F3 bodies that are still going strong. I bought this last one cheap but won't be bothering with another.
    If it isn't too late to retrieve it, the problem might have been a bad capacitor, which is very cheap to repair. The X-700 is notorious for this problem, but the fix is easy and cheap.
    Charles Hohenstein

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    If it isn't too late to retrieve it, the problem might have been a bad capacitor, which is very cheap to repair. The X-700 is notorious for this problem, but the fix is easy and cheap.
    So the story goes...It's already deep in the bin and not worth the bother despite the reputed "ease" of teardown and "repair" when they're going in working condition for a song. It's a baked-in defect I won't bother to remedy with a cabinet full of working Nikon gear. Junk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had not herd of the X600 or X900m but that is interesting. The X900m looks like a X700 with a permanent motor drive 1 attached. I still have 2 X700 and Motor Drive 1 for each. Never had any problems with them but I bought them new and took good care of them. I also wanted a XK but they were too expensive back then. In later years I did get a Maxxum 9000 and still have it. Most of my new cameras are Nikon but still enjoy the old Minoltas. I was working on the Outer Banks today and walked out on the beach and shot a few frames with my X700/Motor Drive 1 and I like that combination.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    So the story goes...It's already deep in the bin and not worth the bother despite the reputed "ease" of teardown and "repair" when they're going in working condition for a song. It's a baked-in defect I won't bother to remedy with a cabinet full of working Nikon gear. Junk.
    Fantastic! The more folks like you that consider this excellent system to be "junk" the cheaper and easier it will be for the intelligent elitists like me to get fantastic cameras and lenses! I love it! (grin)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 X-700's that locked up but were repaired by me for less than $0.79 each. A few tools and a little solder did the trick. I could have just tossed them as junk but why waste good cameras?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin