Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,072   Online: 898

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Nikon F3 possible shutter lag?

Every once in a while my F3 produces these negatives with a slight darker edge.

which i can only conclude as the shutter curtain running behind.

Am i missing something or is this camera hopeless.

i use this camera pretty much only in manual mode, so i can't tell you how it works in A mode.

thanks in advance!

Deniz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lea025.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    is it always the in the same place and the same shape?

just as an after thought, if it is it MIGHT be the film lifting up, maybe from the film spool being weird or check the back plate and see if the the pressure is the same on both sides
    Last edited by Chriscc123; 08-20-2010 at 02:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shutter Bounce

The symptoms sound like shutter bounce—also called shutter “capping.”

http://www.vmresource.com/camera/shutterbounce.htm

On a Nikon F3 this isn’t a do it yourself repair for most of us. It needs the attention of a competent technician.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are referring to the narrow dark band on the right edge of the image I assume? So that would be on the closing side of the shutter as I assume the F3 shutter moves from right to left when looking at the back of the camera? A sticky following curtain usually makes the neg darker, making the positive image lighter. So look for a film chip or even a small hair in the track that could bind the leading curtain as it starts moving. What are those two hair like critters on the right side of your image?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Seems it could be the 'braking mechanism' and the failure of it lets the 2nd curtain to bounce into frame..

Sounds like i need to call the guy i bought it off of for a refund.

the critters are crappy scan job artifacts. not on the actual negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin