Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,238   Online: 785

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizon 202

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    John, see my post above and go to the kiev report forum. Those guys can answer all of your questions. If it has happened to them they have probably fixed it. I cannot count the number of times they have helped me with my quirky russian MF system. to top it off they are nice.
    very cool

thanks mark -

---john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    a few years ago i was on the verge of buying a 202 but a friend suggested that the "swing" mechanism tends to hang (in the center of the track ) and cause banding. is this a typical problem? or was this suggested because he knew that i was broke and it was probably a better idea for me to spend my $$ of food and shelter rather than photographic equipment.
    I heard about those banding issue, but if you look at the pictures I linked a few posts above, you'll see there's no such banding effect. As I wrote, the only problem is when the sun reflects on the borders of the barrel's aperture or is in the field of vue. Mostly you have to keep the sun on your back or have it hidden behind a building or tree...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanba3000
    I heard about those banding issue, but if you look at the pictures I linked a few posts above, you'll see there's no such banding effect. As I wrote, the only problem is when the sun reflects on the borders of the barrel's aperture or is in the field of vue. Mostly you have to keep the sun on your back or have it hidden behind a building or tree...

Hi all - here is a 202 picture where there is definite banding (seen clearly in the sky), after taking this, I took the camera apart cleaned and oiled it thoroughly - and hey presto no more banding.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanba3000
    The Horizon is a russian camera. There is very little to no consistency from one camera to the next. Yours works great, the next guy/gal's will not. That is why some call it the russian roulette of camera buying.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin