Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,365   Online: 844

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

9-year expired Kodak t3200?

It's been in a refrigerator its whole life. I scored a whole box for free. Like 20 something rolls, expired 2001.

Can I still shoot it?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I would test it before you shoot anything important. It might still be usable but high speed films do not keep very well. Therefore, I suggest rating it at it's true speed of 800 (or slower) and not push processing it, as this will only increase the amount of base fog that's sure to be present.

Shooter
    35mm
    Let us know how you get on. You might want to try it at 3200 as well as 1600 and then 800 to see what you get. I bought some expired P3200 which wasn't as old as yours but on the other hand it hadn't been stored in a fridge. I shot the roll at 3200, not knowing any better and found it very grainy, low contrast and quite frankly a bit disappointing but with only one roll that proves nothing.

You have plenty to play with and all it will cost is a bit of chemicals to find out its qualities.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It won't be great. Shoot it no faster than 800 - and honestly, to get through the base fog, you might be at more like an EI of 400 or 200.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    update.....it's black and white p3200. and expired 9/2000 anyway I'll pop a roll off on my Nikon FG and see what happens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin