Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,596   Online: 853

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Do try out any new film types before setting out on your road trip so you know how they perform and that you like their look.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sadly, I don't really have time I'm doing schoolwork as much as my brain will allow and simply don't have time to go shooting...I'll take along the 5 rolls of Superia I got today and hope I can pick up some Ektar along the way

Shooter
    35mm
    Nobody in town has Ektar :'(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Nobody in town has Ektar :'(
    That's OK. You will get great results from well-handled consumer films.

I think I definitely like Ekta for some things, but I personally would not use it for a general-purpose film unless it was the only choice I had. Let me put it this way: It is not a film I would have in my fridge as a go-to emulsion. I would go to the store and buy only as much as I needed when I wanted to use it for something specific. It is very "stylized," as one way of putting it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks...then I'm happy with my Superia 200!

Also...I was just at the grocery store and they had a ton of Superia 200s...I'm thinking of buying it all up haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Superia 200 will give you great results. I use it at airshows all the time. Enjoy and have fun!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's my experience.

I shoot superia 200 all the time. never had a bad experience. always pleased with the result. Tried pro160c. Couldn't honestly tell the difference between that and superia. Tried a roll of ektar recently, which was interesting. Some shots had really *good* colour, to the extent I understand why it is a great film ,but others were *bad* - magenta cast, which I understand is underexposure. bear in mind I was using OM2 on auto, and I think its fair to say if you use Ektar, shoot it at 80 or even 64, or set the exposure compensation up a bit. Superia sure takes some beating as a general purpose forgiving film. check out the colour shots in my gallery.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much! For my trip I'll be packing a handful of rolls of Superia and if I find some Ektar along the way I'll give it a shot, if not, then it sounds like I'll still be more than happy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin