Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,853   Online: 822

Shooter
    35mm

Contax N Users....

Hi All,

I'm looking pretty hard at getting into the Contax N system. I'd love to hear from N owners about your experiences and thoughts on the N bodies and lenses. Post up some pics with and of your Contax Ns!

Take care,

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the C/Y system (not the N) and love it. The N system had some great lenses that ended up being VERY cheap used. Some Canon users had the mount changed to be fully compatible with the Canon digi cameras. They were said to be better than their Canon equivalent. The 17-35 and 24-85 were both supposed the be great. Check to see that the N's can still be serviced- maybe TOCAD. Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!

Anyone else?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had an N1 and 24-85mm lens for about a year. It's an excellent camera, but the limited lens choices and Kyocera's decision to exit the camera business were enough reason for me to sell. I now use Nikon cameras when I'm not shooting medium or large format.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I too have a C/Y system, 167MT body, and I always found it produce excellent images. I was especially impressed on how consistent it was with even narrow-latitude slide film. (Now that I say that, I have to wonder why I've bought all these other cameras I have...) As I never got into autofocus beyond a Yashica AF half-frame, I can't give you feedback on the N system.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin