Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,349   Online: 797

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never tried the 120 on this but have used the 35mm version quite a lot and I like it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    I'll take Pro400H or Portra to that stuff any day. No bargain, either.
    I have plenty of Portra 400 and Pro 400H (even in 220) but I've never tried the X-TRA 400 before. Just giving it a test run.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    I have plenty of Portra 400 and Pro 400H (even in 220) but I've never tried the X-TRA 400 before. Just giving it a test run.
    Last time I saw Superia in 120 was about 10 years ago and it was ISO100--gawdawful saturation and contrast that rendered everything in blocked-up Pokemon-like color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji Superia 400 is a nice cheap C-41 film, it is what it is.

Royal Enfield by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Big Sunflowers by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Garden Gate Good Food. by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Potted Flowers by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

I would not do anything critical with this film, that's what Fuji Pro 400H and Kodak Portra 160 and 400 are for, especially if people are involved. I still find Superia 400 fun to shoot with, just rate it down to 250 ISO and off you go.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a good general purpose film which I have used. My preference is Kodak Portra films but if I needed to I would use Superia 400. I did not care for the Fuji 800 speed film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Fuji Superia 400 is a nice cheap C-41 film, it is what it is.

Royal Enfield by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Big Sunflowers by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Garden Gate Good Food. by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

Potted Flowers by Bill Smith1, on Flickr

I would not do anything critical with this film, that's what Fuji Pro 400H and Kodak Portra 160 and 400 are for, especially if people are involved. I still find Superia 400 fun to shoot with, just rate it down to 250 ISO and off you go.
    Always get great results with Superia 200. Find 400 skin tones scary pink, almost Velvia-like. It's getting too pricey for what it delivers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Always get great results with Superia 200. Find 400 skin tones scary pink, almost Velvia-like. It's getting too pricey for what it delivers.
    In the UK, 35mm Fuji 400 is going for £1.48 at a supermarket called Morrisons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should shoot more with some Superia 200. What do you rate it at?

Thing is B&H sell Superia 400 and 200 for dirt cheap, way cheaper than what you pay for at Shoppers Drug Mart.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I should shoot more with some Superia 200. What do you rate it at?

Thing is B&H sell Superia 400 and 200 for dirt cheap, way cheaper than what you pay for at Shoppers Drug Mart.
    Like you, I'm unhappy with Fuji Superia pricing around the GTA. It's rarely a bargain now unless you can snag it when Shopper's has their "Life" Superia 200/400 on sale. Otherwise, it's not worth 5-6 bucks/24.

Agree, it's waaay cheaper from B&H and worth it. Have lots of 200 on hand, so I'm set. It's reasonably priced dev/print service around the GTA that's a royal pain now.

Box speed for Superia 200. I prefer the tamer contrast/saturation+better skin tones compared to 400. YMMV, as always.

BTW, try to make it to the next GTA/Toronto APUG meet-up. Hope to run another this month, another in August.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    That's where I got mine from as well. I'm trying out some Ektar right now so I hope I like it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin