Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,752   Online: 891

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No! Hang on to your OM10, and have fun with them all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My old Pentax Spotmatic broke down a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm buying a new camera. This time I want an Olympus OM with good light meter.

So wich one should I choose? I've read that OM-1 and OM-2 has the best viewfienders. I really like spotmetering for concert work, so a good built in spotmeter would be nice.

Shooter
    127 Format
    OM10 are fine cameras that take great pictures. They're inexpensive and it's silly to discard them or disrespect them. They're better than the plastic garbage that pass for 'cameras' today.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Grainy View Post
    My old Pentax Spotmatic broke down a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm buying a new camera. This time I want an Olympus OM with good light meter.

So wich one should I choose? I've read that OM-1 and OM-2 has the best viewfienders. I really like spotmetering for concert work, so a good built in spotmeter would be nice.
    I would go for an OM1. Pure mechanical pleasure, good meter, the best handling out there (but I'm an Oly fan so am a little bit biased). No spot metering on both OM1 and 2. You have to go for an OM4 for spot, but that is substantially more money. Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by judah View Post
    ... No spot metering on both OM1 and 2. You have to go for an OM4 for spot, but that is substantially more money...
    That is not completely correct. The OM-2sp has a spot meter. Perhaps not as advanced (no averaging multiple meterings), but a spot meter nevertheless.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And the OM-3 has a spot meter too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All right, thanks to this thread, I just bought an OM-1N and a 24/F2.8 Zuiko lens to go with. Well, not "just" because of this tread, I'd wanted one for a while (since I was 8, actually, when my camp photo teacher got an OM-1), but this made me actually do it. I got a nice clean one with good seals, a working meter, and hot shoe. This thread did help me figure out which lens to go for. So thanks for making me spend money.

Are there good third-party lenses for the Olympus? By which I mean not the cheaper lenses, but like Zeiss-quality lenses.

Images
    Good Morning, Moopheus,

I have a 105mm Kiron ƒ2.8 Macro which reaches 1:1 and is absolutely terrific. Probably hard to find, but worth having.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Get a Zuiko Macro. They are excellent and a lot of fun

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Zuiko lenses are Zeiss-quality lenses.
    Not all of them. But most.
    So get Zuiko lenses, and you'll enjoy a quality camera with quality lenses.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin