Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,274   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format

EOS 1 VHS question

Hi,

my friend has EOS 1 VHS and he is wondering is it possible to get rid of the grip? It is too big and heavy for him, and he don't actually need it. Idea is to have this camera without grip and 50/1.4 so it would not be so big and heavy .

You can buy some smaller battery and that is it? In official canon service - or ebay maybe?

thanks,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Hi,

my friend has EOS 1 VHS and he is wondering is it possible to get rid of the grip? It is too big and heavy for him, and he don't actually need it. Idea is to have this camera without grip and 50/1.4 so it would not be so big and heavy .

You can buy some smaller battery and that is it? In official canon service - or ebay maybe?

thanks,

I have an EOS 3 which uses the same grip, all you would need is door/battery holder, which holds a single 2cr5 battery I believe.

Shooter
    Medium Format

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    My understanding is that the 1V HS is a plain 1V bought with the power booster already attached. So all you need to do is detach the booster and replace it with the normal battery holder.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You want either the GR-E1 or the newer GR-E2. They are functionally identical, and both fit all the EOS 1 series plus the EOS 3. The GR-E2 adds a little door (with weather sealing) behind which the battery resides. I have both, and it matters not at all which one I use.

When you remove the power booster, there's a large open space where the grip attaches.

There are a few available just now.
    Last edited by flatulent1; 08-27-2010 at 11:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for replays

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin