Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,559   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I prefer a hand held meter, I would only want a fully working camera. Like owning an auto without lights or maybe no reverse, why would you want to invest in junk. Its not worth fixing either. Find a working example that has all its functions, there are plenty of them out there, unless your in a camera dessert.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While a hand-held meter has many advantages and is quite easy to use (at least basically - Zone system readings are another ballgame), I find that them fiddly and slower to use than a built-in meter.

It's an extra piece of equipment you have to carry, store, take out and protect, which kind of defeats a light & fast 1 camera + 1 lens concept.

If you're working slowly and methodically (and maybe with a tripod), a hand-hled meter can be brilliant.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep the 101 and just start using it. It will be easy to focus in no time at all with practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meters are not slow, only photographers that use them are.

There are so many variables and different goals in getting the photo that I cannot say its faster or slower, it depends. I have found that metering through the lens is far more likely to meter on the wrong thing. It takes more time to be careful. Taking extra shots to cover yourself may result in larger quantity of poor photos. Yet, in a fast action shoot, may be the only way.

On the other hand, taking the time to compose, focus, get exposure readings, set up lights or reflectors (if applicable), is most assuredly the way to work if you can. It just depends on what your trying to achieve, there is no one best way to do anything.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin