Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,032   Online: 879

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The video was pretty funny. I have that same petrified Filson field bag, added a Tenba wedding insert and use it for my F4. Their bags are extremely stiff, but unpadded like Domke and don't weigh much. Mostly I have Billinghams and Domkes; lately I've been looking at a buffalo hide bag at Woolrich for my walkaround MF kit, though this video has me thinking suddenly about the weight.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I need is a camera bag that will also hold diapers, wipes, changing pad, and an extra outfit (for the baby, not usually for me).
    I have a Lowepro minitrekker that works for most trips (pre-baby). And a Tamrac of unknown age. I have a lunchbag/cooler bag that's rectangular so it holds the Hasselblad nicely and doesn't look like a camera bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like the idea of the lunch bag,have a Hasselb. too,and it is square just like a lunch bag.Good tip winger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I also make camera bags around non camera bags.
    I do that too. I have a couple of small canvas bags in army style dark green which are about 12" x 5" x 7". These only cost about £5 and look nothing like camera bags. Sometimes I make a card and foam insert to fit. I have one which takes a Minolta XE-1 and three lenses. Other times I just put the camera in the bag without any inserts, etc.

I don't really like camera bags as once I start using the camera I am carrying a camera and an empty bag. If I'm in a one lens only mood or using something simple like my Rolleicord I will not take a bag with me.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I'm shooting "Street" I don't use a camera bag, I carry the camera in my hand on a wrist strap, and a plastic pedal bin liner in my pocket in case it rains.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    What I need is a camera bag that will also hold diapers, wipes, changing pad, and an extra outfit (for the baby, not usually for me).
    I have a Lowepro minitrekker that works for most trips (pre-baby). And a Tamrac of unknown age. I have a lunchbag/cooler bag that's rectangular so it holds the Hasselblad nicely and doesn't look like a camera bag.
    Make sure you don't get them mixed up or things could get very messy
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Make sure you don't get them mixed up or things could get very messy
    Yep, you could get some really crappy pictures.

Managed to use that same basic joke twice in one week-going for the hat trick now.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A friend once asked me to change her baby- she was really angry afterwards.
    Myself, I thought the kid looked good with a mohawk.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recall a lengthy discussion about this once on a another forum and it's amazing how many variations from the normal old "Lowepro" people use for camera bags. My two (ten?) bits - I searched high and low (hither and yon) for something that was durable, roomy, discreet and didn't look like a camera bag for which ever kit I was out with at the time. I wanted a Domke, liked the style, but couldn't find just the right one - and didn't want to pay $220 in any case.

I ended up finding two really nice canvas Fossil bags that are ideal and have held the test of time exceedingly well. They were called "Meesenger Bags", but look nothing like those flat, structured bags I think of when I think of messenger bag, plenty of "girth" for Hassy and stuff and even my Field camera and accsys. and protect as well or better as a Domke (I finally got a small one, then sold it).

These really high quality and made of thick, soft canvas with thick, real leather trim and are large enough for all I need. Both have three large soft dividers and many smaller pockets. Straps are comfortable, easy adjust 2" wide canvas webbing and plenty long enough. All trim is triple stitched and slightly distressed real leather - GOOD leather too, no VINYL to be found - and the canvas is heavy enough to repel moderate weather for an hour or two. One of em looks similar to the photo, but in Khaki. Neither looks even remotely like a "Man Purse" in case you were concerned about that...I paid $20 each on clearance for them. They can be got new for about a bill. There is no other camera bag at any price I'd rather have then these for out walking around.

I always feel like I have to evangelize a bit about these bags, as I feel no other photographer has 'discovered' Fossil as camera bag yet. Maybe I'm the only one who likes these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fossil Messenger Bag.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. The bag is beautiful. Looks like the ones available here.

http://www.armysurplusworld.com/disp...epartmentID=84

I use some of these bags from this company. They're not padded, but if modify them with padding, these canvas bags work great. It's made of canvas similar to Domke bags. Best of all, they don't look like camera bags.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin