Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 763

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 24mm Joy!

Shooter
    35mm
    24mm is the widest lens that avoids edge distortions, especially if used untilted. Just remember to get in real close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My usual kit includes 24, 50 and 135mm lenses, but I frequently use only the 24. I have the Canon nFD 24mm f/1.4 and the Minolta MD W.Rokkor-X 24mm f/2.8, plus the 35mm for Mamiya 645. I have wide zooms, but don't use them much anymore. I recently picked up a Canon nFD 17mm, though I haven't had a chance to use it yet.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Currently have both a 20mm f/3.5 Nikkor-UD that I got last fall and a 24mm f/2.8 late model factory AI'd Nikkor that came with my F2AS. Both lenses are great. Another nice lens is the 35mm f/2 Nikkor-O.

Anyway, welcome to the world of Nikkormat/Nikomat cameras. Nice shots, btw.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    Robert - sorry if you know this, but the battery cover unscrews clockwise, unlike everything else in the universe, and has an arrow to help. It took me awhile to realize this.
    I noticed that later. That was probably the entire problem. Of course, once I got it open I found that it took a battery that I didn't have. I thought it was probably the same as the FG. Of course it was a holiday weekend, so I still had no meter. At least I'm on my way to solving the problem now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you don't mind compensating by about 2/3 of a stop you can get away with using an o-ring around an S76 or #357 battery in a Nikkormat FT or FTn that hasn't been recalibrated yet. I've done that before.

I'd planned to retrofit a Nikkormat FT2/FT3 battery box into my black FTn, but gave up on the camera when I realized that it needed more work than I wanted to put into it. So, I have my old black FT2, which is essentially the same camera, just with a hot shoe and with the later style battery box preinstalled.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Nikkor 24mm f2.8 lens was introduced in the late 1960's. It was for that time and still is a spectacular lens. Shortly every newspaper photographer had to have one and it became for many the standard lens. Fast, f2.8. for the times, sharp, and giving one the ability to get in very close for group pics where one could easily direct the subjects verbally you were so close. Useful for spot news and for scenics, its just about all I used except for portraits and sports.
    I'm on my second one now after ordering my first a few days after the Nikon announcement.
    This lens will take great pics for you!-Dick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin