Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,167   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Also my question...

I have a Rolleiflex one (with triangular aperture blades!), which I paid a tiny fraction of that price for, used.
    Almost worth getting a however unreliable Rollei body just to use it.

About the lens itself, it's my absolute favorite as far as look and signature go. Perhaps my "desert island" lens.
    Despite that, it doesn't get much use because it's huge and heavy.
    If it is the same one, it is a wonderful lens... and I can't imagine they would somehow make it inferior! I used to have one too, and I loved it. Big and heavy, yes, but also incredibly sharp and a powerful tool for low light photography. It was the lens that made me consider a 35mm as my "standard lens." With my SL35E, I could handhold it down to about 1/15 @ f1.4, which created some really wonderful photos.

Now if I only had a couple of thousand bucks....
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

agw

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Are these really 'new' lenses? Or just the same 35/1.4 Distagon they have been making since 1973 in a new mount?
    Apparently it's a completely new design. The new one is 11/9, while the original C-Y was 9/8 (including one aspheric lens). Also, the new one has a much longer body.

Unfortunately, I don't see the need for a need for a fast 35 in my kit, it's just neither wide nor long enough. I used to say that about the 50, but things have changed for me recently, since I can now much better visualize the view I get with a 50. Now, if they were to introduce a 1.4 version of the 28 or 25...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin