Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,662   Posts: 1,623,933   Online: 827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Zeiss introduces the new 35mm F1.4 for Canon and Nikon

I received a note from Zeiss today that they have released the 35mm F1.4 Distagon in both the Canon EOS ZE and Nikon ZF.2 mounts.

The cost for either lens is $1843. I have ordered one of each. Shipping is early 2011.

If you would like to order one you can contact me through my website.... www.bigcameraworkshops.com, or send me an email.

More info below...

OBERKOCHEN, September 1, 2010 – A woman is sitting at the bar of a dimly-lit cafe. Lost in thoughts, she doesn’t notice the glass of wine the bartender places before her. From a distance, a photographer tries to capture her mood. He brings her face, which is leaning toward her phone, into focus. Everything around her becomes a blur, and the lights in the background coalesce into a wild “dance” of diffuse shapes.

This shot will only work with a fast lens with short focal length and harmonious bokeh. Carl Zeiss introduces a new lens for just such images: the Distagon T* 1,4/35.

By introducing the Distagon T* 1,4/35, Carl Zeiss is complementing the Planar T*1,.4/50 and T*1,4/85 lenses with a wide-angle lens that shares the same high speed. Crisp, sharp images work every time, whether at dusk or in the weak lighting conditions of a café, and without the need for a tripod. With its 35-mm, the Distagon T* 1,4/35 matches the classic and versatile standard focal lengths when used on cameras with APS-C sensor formats.

Due to the special bokeh effects in both the foreground and background areas, the Distagon T*1,4/35 opens up new creative possibilities, giving photographers more options to ‘play’ with focus. Thanks to its large focus ring, photographers can also create highly accurate, sharp pictures, even at maximum aperture opening. This also makes the lens an ideal addition to the filmmaker using DSLR’s for HD video capture. In addition, the optical construction of the lens guarantees high image quality across the entire image range.

The Distagon T*1,4/35’s extremely long-lasting and robust all-metal precision mechanics, for which Carl Zeiss is known, make this lens perfect for use on-the-go and for photo reports.

The Distagon T* 1,4/35 will be available in first quarter of 2011 at a retail price of $1,843 USD.

Technical specifications
    Focal length 35 mm Aperture range f/1.4 - f/16
    Number of elements/groups 11/9
    Focusing area 0.3 m - infinity
    Angular field** (diag./horiz./vert.) 63/54/37 °
    Coverage at close range 18 x 12 cm (close-up)
    Image ratio at close range 1:5 (close-up)
    Filter thread M 72 x 0.75
    Weight 830 – 850 g
    Length with caps 120 – 122 mm
    Diameter 78 mm Mounts
    ZF.2 (F bayonet)
    ZE (EF bayonet)
    * As of September 01, 2010
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    uhu, I thought it was FD mount, the new-fangled stuff the demands batteries to work, kinda leaves me cold.....

Think I'll stick to my original FD lenses, and buy a whole slew of *new/ camnera houses instead!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Rob I'm sure this is a very fine optic, but I'll stick to my Canon FD 35mm f2 Thorium lens that's paid for and forgotten about.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not that I disagree about FD stuff, but I'm not sure this snobbishness is really necessary. I'm sure these Zeiss lenses are 'out of this world' good.

But alas, I can't afford to even look at it....
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FD? Is that the old stuff? Or the fire department?

The 35/1.4 does look very interesting but I've got my eyes on the ZE50/1.4 first and then the 85/1.4. So it'll have to wait a bit.

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    ...this snobbishness is really necessary...
    Here, at APUG, it totally is necessary.
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shee-ite; that is expensive!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are these really 'new' lenses? Or just the same 35/1.4 Distagon they have been making since 1973 in a new mount?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Are these really 'new' lenses? Or just the same 35/1.4 Distagon they have been making since 1973 in a new mount?
    Also my question...

I have a Rolleiflex one (with triangular aperture blades!), which I paid a tiny fraction of that price for, used.
    Almost worth getting a however unreliable Rollei body just to use it.

About the lens itself, it's my absolute favorite as far as look and signature go. Perhaps my "desert island" lens.
    Despite that, it doesn't get much use because it's huge and heavy.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post

But alas, I can't afford to even look at it....
    Expensive lens, I'm sure it's good, though. I don't need that stuff; I lack a 35mm but the 50 fares well.

Just get the other 35mm f2 that there's in the bag, pray, and hold your breath and arms well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin