Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,991   Online: 847

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tamron 24-135 on a Nikon F5?

OK, I'm considering the purchase of a Nikon F5 body and am wondering if my Tamron 24-135 SP AD model 190D will work as a Nikon D lens. From what I've read it looks like a non D lens wont allow some of the metering functions of the F5 to function and without those functions I'm not sure I want the F5. Any insight is much appreciated.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps the question to ask then is do you want that lens?

That aside, even if it isn't a D-type lens, you'll only really lose 3D Colour Matrix Metering (it'll revert to 2D Colour Matrix Metering) and Matrix-metered TTL-OTF Flash AE will be somewhat less effective. Not big deal-breakers, in my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jb17kx View Post
    Perhaps the question to ask then is do you want that lens?

That aside, even if it isn't a D-type lens, you'll only really lose 3D Colour Matrix Metering (it'll revert to 2D Colour Matrix Metering) and Matrix-metered TTL-OTF Flash AE will be somewhat less effective. Not big deal-breakers, in my opinion.
    On the lens: Yes its a nice one and the one usually on my F4S, and I'll want to use it with the F5.

The better meter options are one of the things I'm wanting the camera for. Really, I don't need an F5 and my F4S is a wonderful camera. I like the idea of faster auto focusing and a better meter is always a good thing and I'm in the mood to buy another camera so an F5 is on my list. Said list also includes a F2A, a Mamiya C330, an SRT 101, and a few others. Something about the F5 though just keeps calling me....
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin