Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,241   Online: 831

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I never had problem with loading Nikon cameras. Leica M6 is little harder, but once when you get familiar - also no problem. But 30-50 tries -- I would give up and got a F90 or F100
    I think he's a candidate for digital!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I find my Zorki 4 requires a bit of attention while loading. It's not "hard", but I need to make sure the film leader goes into the takeup spool "straight", else the film just creases on itself. I guess the clip's just a bit loose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Leica IIIf is kinda tough, but I've only loaded it a couple of times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one time I tried to load an old Leica, it looked like I was the one that was loaded.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only ones I've ever had difficulty loading were the old Minoltas with the white breakable tabs on the take-up spool, such as the SR-T series, XE-7, and XD-11.
    Um, which way does it go again?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I blew loading more times when I was just starting out with film photography with a Canon A-1 than any time since. Then again, I've also gotten very use to watching for confirmation that the film is advancing.

I actually don't mind loading bottom loaders at all. It takes slightly longer for me just because I have to get the takeup reel out but beyond that the process is relatively smooth. Maybe the fact that I'm pre-cutting the film with a template helps more than I realized.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The biggest problem I've had loading film has got to be this little bugger right here: Go ahead, you're curious, check it out.

It is not virtually impossible to load some Ilford and all Adox rolls, it is next to impossible to load modern Kodak film as well.

Had to get rid of that dagblasted contraption. Traded it and the Speed Graphic it fit on (3.25 x 4.25, NOT a 4x5, no way, would not do that) for a Bronica ETRS. That's how I worked that problem gone...
    Last edited by Perry Way; 09-06-2010 at 02:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: woops, forgot one wee little thing...
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    But the best tip I ever heard was from a Pentax rep. Basically, he said to reverse the loading instructions:
    This must have come from Pentax engineers as I heard it from a Pentax Rep in the store I was working in in New Hampshire. I passed it on to all my customers and used it myself.
    Another tip from the same Pentax salesman was regarding coiled cords which always seemed to break the connection at the ends. Their idea was to start in the center and reverse the direction of the coil so that when the cord was stretched the cord would twist from the center and not at the ends putting less strain on the connections.
    This will work on any coiled cord.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The only time I had trouble loading a Nikon was the first time I did it on my father's old Nikomat FTn. That was 23 years ago. I usually do it the way that the Pentax engineers suggest doing it. Just simpler and quicker. Even my F is easy to load this way.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your having trouble loading film you need to take a course at the local college on "How to get loaded".

The only thing that is generally hard to load is a film reel and even that is easy if you think about what your doing and practice a little with a scrap roll.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin