Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,880   Online: 1058

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xxloverxx
    I find my Zorki 4 requires a bit of attention while loading. It's not "hard", but I need to make sure the film leader goes into the takeup spool "straight", else the film just creases on itself. I guess the clip's just a bit loose.
    I have several FSU models, and they all require attention. I also wouldn't say they are "hard" to load. But they do require that you know what you're doing.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I have a hard time loading film in my camera, I use a sledge hammer!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The only one that makes me nuts is my Oly IS. It has one of those annoying systems where you just "lay" the film into a predetermined spot, and close the back. It almost never catches properly the first time, and the basic "film curl" always pops it up out of position.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by photoncatcher View Post
    The only one that makes me nuts is my Oly IS. It has one of those annoying systems where you just "lay" the film into a predetermined spot, and close the back. It almost never catches properly the first time, and the basic "film curl" always pops it up out of position.
    Weird - I was just about to post that the simplest 35mm loader I ever used was the Olympus Mju/Stylus. Close the back with the film in any position and a bunch of pixies set to work engaging the take-up.

I agree on the start at the end idea. Most take up problems derive from the user not wanting to expose enough film for proper leader connection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a devil of a time loading Fuji neopan 1600 into my Canon AE-1 P this last time. Lots of curl going the wrong way. Didn't seem like Kodak Gold 200 was as difficult. Is Kodak film thicker? The reverse winding cameras seem harder to load, especially with Fuji.
    Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a bitch loading the Rollei 35 S the first time, but you get use to it with time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    I also find the Pentax 6x7 pretty akward: I'll certainly try the trick of not removing the tape until the spool is in place.
    I found my 6x7 awkward also, until I tried this tip--it really works! Before that I'd sometimes have no trouble, and other times fumble around so much that I'd start to wonder if I was losing motor skills. Now it's a snap.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    If I have a hard time loading film in my camera, I use a sledge hammer!

Jeff
    Hey Jeff, I used to do that too, but I found I had to use a crowbar to get it out. All those extra tools really weighed down the camera bag! Try a little, um, "lubricant" instead.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Loading my Pentax 6x7 is still the least graceful thing I do in life. And this isn't exactly a hijack of the 35mm thread. The 67 is kind of a big 35. With a shutter that scares children and wildlife for miles around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i always thought that my pen ft was very difficult to load ...
    it turns out that a part was broken ... i sent it john hermanson and
    he fixed it, and NOW the camera loads easy

thanks john !
    im empty, good luck

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin