Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,845   Posts: 1,582,696   Online: 1050

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The F5 actually does the G lenses. Did most of my test roll with a G lens. I think you hit the main points correctly......unless you want to play with older lens and/or you want the pro build, the F100 is a wonderful camera only out done by the F6 which is still much more expensive than most of us want to spend.

After playing with the F5, I must say I am extremely satisified with my purchase. This was the perfect upgrade to my F4S.

Perhaps another reason some folks prefer the F5 is that it is a good transition between the all knob operated F4 and the completely menu driven F6 and I believe that the F100 is heavily menu driven too.

The other thing that has kept me from the F100 is/was all the plastic stuff that broke or had to be sent in to get fixed. I believe on the early ones, there was a big problem with the plastic film rewind fork. I just didn't want to deal with that or it potential.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roboflick View Post

I thought about an f6 but I felt the 1000 dollars I would save to be better spent on glass

Nik
    ^^^ I think it's only a $300 difference now.

I snagged an F6 at a great take it or leave it price last month.
    It's a very nice camera, I thought the F100 was fine (and it is). But I really like the F6 the apparent size of the viewfinder is so big.
    It's not much quieter though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin