Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,419   Online: 983

Shooter
    35mm

Canon AE1-P Film Advance Loose

I purchased a Canon AE-1P a couple of months ago, and was happily using it. When I finished my first roll, I forcible wound the film further than I should have.

When I put the second roll in, the film advance became loose. It still winds, properly, but is just loose until the last bit where it actually winds.

Is there anyway I can fix this myself, or will I have to take this in to get fixed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this is a pretty easy 5 minute fix - all you need is a small phillips head screwdriver and something like a pair of small needle nose pliers..

First remove the black vinyl/plastic cover that is stuck onto the flat plastic cover that is behind the shutter button.

Under the cover you will see 2 small chrome cross head screws - remove them.

Now lift the plastic cover off.

You will now see the screw that holds the wind lever on - the large screw with 4 holes in it. Insert the tip of the pliers and tighten the screw - from memory counter you tighten it clockwise.

Put the plastic cover back on, screw it on and put the sticky trim back - you've now fixed your camera..

If this doesn't fix it send me a PM - you'll need to do some serious repairs then..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for that! I'll give it a crack tonight!
    I was hoping it was something simple, and this gives me a place to start.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin