Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 761

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Free Minolta AL!!!

Posting from my phone.

I got it free from a customer, glass is sharp just needed a cleanint. Light seals are GONE. The shutter ring and the aperture ring are loose and after some playing around I can get it to change aperture. Shutter works and sounds accurate and the light meter is on par with my Nikkormat.

Where do I get seals and how do I fix the lens? Its a 1:2 45mm rokkor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found one of these in a secondhand shop in near mint condition with a real brown leather case and a strap with an attached leather accessory case containing a UV filte and the original lens-hood.

Everthing appeared to be working -until I got it home, when the shutter seized up and only worked on 1/1,000sec and "B". However a professional CLA fixed all that and now everything works, even the rangefinder.

For its day, it was quite a remarkable piece of work: eleven shutter speeds from "B" all the way to 1/1,000th and apertures from f2 to f22: no problems with ISO 400 film!

Since it has a between the lens shutter, this means you have flash synch to 1/1,000 sec: beat that!

The lens is f/2 45mm, and very sharp. I generally use hyperfocal distance focusing, unless the subject is closer than about six feet. (This makes it even faster than autofocus )

It even has a Selenium built in, linked, lightmeter -which still works , although I do have to allow an extra stop of exposure for the best results (to my taste).

It is built like a tank (you could drive nails with it), but very easy to use.

For a pic and details check the following link:

http://www.thecamerasite.net/02_Rang.../minoltaal.htm
    Last edited by Galah; 09-09-2010 at 07:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I think I'm keepin this one. I want to shoot it, who does CLA on these things around here?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin